Oct 17, 2013, 10:19 AM EDT
An athletic event-less Wednesday was upon us at Notre Dame yesterday as no squad was in action on this busy academic week on campus.
Thankfully, a trio of former men’s golfers are going through Q-School right now, trying to earn their Web.com tour cards.
In Woodlands, Texas, Chris Walker and Max Scodro tried their hand at the first stage. Walker is in great position at one-under par after a second round 69 that puts him in a tie for 14th place entering the third round today. Scodro bounced back after an opening-round 81 to post a 73, currently sitting in 65th. The top 30 players and ties will move onto the next stage. You can follow the rounds in Texas here.
In Dayton, Nev., Paul McNamara had a rough opening round, firing an 80. He brought it back on Wednesday, carding a 74. He sits seven shots back of the current qualifying spot. You can follow the rounds in Nevada here.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Starting From The Bottom (LINK-Strong & True)
Paqui Kelly (wife of head football coach Brian Kelly) and director of football administration Beth Rex took the trip of a lifetime as they attempted to climb Mount Rainier last July. Were they able to cross “climb Mount Rainier” off the bucket list? Click the link above to find out.
- 2. Men’s Basketball – Impressions of the ACC (LINK-ESPN.com)
Yesterday the men’s basketball team took part in it’s first ACC media day in Charlotte. Picked to finish fifth in the league and a preseason first-teamer in Jerian Grant, Notre Dame looks to make a mark in their first season in the nation’s toughest basketball conference. To read more, click the link above.
- 3. Football – Big Shoes To Fill At Tight End U (LINK-UND.com)
The departure of Fighting Irish tight end Tyler Eifert to the National Football League left a significant void in the Notre Dame offense this season. Eifert was one of the most prolific tight ends to rise through the ranks at Notre Dame, a program with a history of developing top-notch tight ends such asKen MacAfee, Anthony Fasano, John Carlson, and NFL great Dave Casper. Heading into the 2013 season, coaches and players knew that filling the shoes of Eifert would be no easy task. Click the link above to read more.
- 4. Football – Carlisle Gets Another View At ND-USC (LINK-ESPN.com)
Former USC running back Amir Carlisle had to sit out a season after transferring to Notre Dame, but this Saturday he finally has the opportunity to take on his former team. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Football – And In That Corner … The USC Trojans (LINK-NBCSports.com)
Keith Arnold of NBC Sports takes a look at Notre Dame football’s opponent this week, the USC Trojans. To learn more, click the link above.
If you have more time to kill at work, read this other great article:
Planning For Success: Notre Dame (ESPN.com) – Matt Fortuna takes an look at what to expect from the Irish this week against USC.
OU/ND Gigapixel Photo – A 360-degree photo was taken prior to the start of the ND/OU football game, click the link to find yourself or look at random people making funny faces on account of them not knowing what is going on.
It is 10 A.M. and this had made me very, very hungry …
— lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) October 17, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
You may have already seen this, but Will Ferrell led the USC marching band in “Fight On” earlier this week.
It’s Thursday, which means Trading Card Thursday! Check over at the Strong & True blog later this afternoon for a chance to win an autographed Upper Deck trading card.
- Fencing. Three Former Irish Fencers Pick Up Team Medals At Senior World Championships
- W. Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse Continues Academic Success
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Inside The Stadium
- M. Basketball. Select-A-Seat Returns August 5
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Unveils 2017-18 Schedule
- Softball. Cassidy Whidden (B.A. '15, M.Ed. '17) Returns To Irish Softball Fold
- W. Tennis. Women's Tennis Welcomes Back Dasso ('01) As Assistant Coach
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Fan Experience
- M. Basketball. Men’s Basketball - Summer Headlines
- Swimming & Diving. World Championships Underway For Plaschka
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘ When you make it to ND Stadium... You'll find signage of historic @NDFootball program covers in the concourse.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- 🇺🇸 2x Olympian ☘ 4x NCAA Champ 🌎 #1 World Ranking Lee Kiefer ('17) leaves her @NDFencing legacy. FULL VIDEO:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- ☘ Navigating Notre Dame Stadium just got a whole lot easier. New signage in the concourse will lead you to your se… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- 🏈Countdown to Kickoff: 39 Days #39 Braxston Banks played for @NDFootball’s 1988 NCAA title team. He scored the 2n… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- ☘ The view of Notre Dame Stadium from the video board! Ready for 80,000+ @NDFootball fans. #NDBiggerThanBrick https://t.co/lK6hUMxrTG 1 day ago