Oct 22, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
The only Notre Dame athletic team event going on yesterday was on the golf course as the men’s golf played in the first half of the Georgetown Intercollegiate, shooting rounds of 297 and 292, finishing the first day in fourth place.
Additionally, six former Notre Dame football student-athletes were in action last night in the NFL Monday Night Football game. Click here to see how all your favorite Irish alums did this week in the NFL.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Five Things We Learned: ND/USC (LINK-NBC Sports)
NBC Sports’ Keith Arnold has once again put together a list of five things that we learned from Notre Dame’s 14-10 win over USC this past weekend. Click the link above to read more.
- 2. Football – Jaylon Smith Emerges As Star (LINK-UHND.com)
The guys at UHND.com look at Jaylon Smith’s rise to being one of the top players on the Irish defense. To read more, click the link above.
- 3. Football – Irish Offense “Hurries Up” (LINK-NBC Sports)
Keith Arnold of NBC Sports looks at the change in the Irish offensive structure. On Saturday night, the Irish employed a more up-tempo offense against the Trojans. Click the link above to read more.
- 4. Football – Irish Finding Defensive Leadership (LINK-UHND.com)
As the season continues, the Irish defense has made strides to get back to last year’s form. After last weekend’s performance against USC, the Irish are definitely on the right track to becoming a stout defense. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Men’s Soccer – Irish Items: A Look At Men’s Soccer (LINK-UND.com)
It did not take Dillon Powers long to make an impression in Major League Soccer. The former Notre Dame All-American recently was named MVP of the Colorado Rapids for his stellar rookie campaign. To learn more, click the link above.
If you have more time to kill at work, read these other great articles:
Irish Diver Takes Engineering Skills Far Away From Home (UND.com) – Ted Wagner had one unique summer. The University of Notre Dame junior diver spent seven weeks 6,640 miles away from home on an engineering study abroad program. Click the link above to read more.
Well, our assistant athletics director from compliance better put on a jacket!
I refuse to wear a winter jacket to FB games until November. In completely unrelated news…I feel like I have pneumonia today.
— Jen Vining-Smith (@jvs3) October 20, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Take a look at the riveting speech from Coach Kelly before and after Saturday’s victory over USC.
Let’s talk football…
Who was the last former Notre Dame student-athlete to catch 10 touchdown passes in the NFL?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in tomorrow’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
Yesterday’s trivia question (When was the last time the Irish had a trio of players drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft and who were the three student-athletes selected?) answer was 1994, when Bryant Young, Jeff Burris and Aaron Taylor were all drafted in the first round. Props to Pat Sukow, Nick Bucholtz, Richard McHugh, Ross Goetz, Irene Taylor and David Mather for correctly answering the question.
- Track. Irish Prepared For Historic Penn Relays
- Baseball. Vorsheck, Vierling Vanquish Eastern Michigan Wednesday Night
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Set For Rematch With Duke In ACC Semifinals
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Seek Redemption Against Eagles
- W. Tennis. Irish Advance At ACCs After Emphatic 4-0 Victory
- Football. Notre Dame & The NFL Draft
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Land Three On All-ACC Team
- M. Tennis. Need To Know: ACC Championship vs. Louisville
- W. Rowing. Martin Stone Presented Honorary Monogram
- Baseball. Irish Halt Crusaders Tuesday Night
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🎾 ACC PLAYER OF THE WEEK @NDMensTennis SR Josh Hagar downed the #1 NCAA doubles team with partner Eddy Covalschi.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago
- 📸 PHOTO OF THE WEEK #6 @NDlacrosse celebrates after beating #16 UNC 14-13 on Senior Day. Presented by @VividSeats https://t.co/UrHtYvNVYm 10 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: "When you walk down that tunnel you need to be locked in."-Brian Kelly 📽 The sideline, field & locker room from @NDFoot… 13 hours ago
- ☘ IRISH WIN AT NORTHWESTERN! @NDSoftball records 8 runs scored in 3 innings to beat Northwestern 10-2. Game Recap: und.com/sports/w-softb… 15 hours ago
- ⚾️ ND KNOCKS OFF VALPO! SR Pitcher Ryan Smoyer gave up 4 hits in 5 innings in @NDBaseball's 10-3 win over Valpo.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago