Oct 23, 2013, 10:52 AM EDT
The Notre Dame men’s golf team was the lone Irish athletic squad in action yesterday, surging to a second-place finish at the Georgetown Intercollegiate after a four-under par 280. To read more about the irish, click here.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Rochell Brothers Set To Face Off (LINK-ESPN)
Notre Dame’s Isaac Rochell faces off with brother Matt in this weekend’s Notre Dame-Air Force football game in Colorado Springs, Colo. To read more about this family affair, click the link above.
- 2. Football – Midseason Report (LINK-Post-Tribune)
Albeit a week late, the Post-Tribune looks at the Irish football squad through their first seven games. See the grades the Irish received from their play early in the season by clicking the link above.
- 3. Women’s Basketball – Braker Overcoming Adversity (LINK-UND.com)
Ariel Braker is no stranger to adversity. After suffering through a serious knee injury in high school and another knee injury during her sophomore season at Notre Dame, the senior forward and native of Grosse Pointe Woods, Mich., has worked hard to get back to the court and play the game that she loves. Click the link above to read more.
- 4. Football – Irish Nothing Special, But They’re Still Solid (LINK-Post-Tribune)
Sitting at 5-2 entering this weekend’s game with Air Force, the Irish are in good position to make a new year’s day bowl game. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Men’s Basketball – Atkins Is Notre Dame’s Steady Voice (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
As the Irish men’s basketball team enters ACC play, they will rely on guard Eric Atkins for leadership. To learn more, click the link above.
If you have more time to kill at work, read this other great article:
Irish Help Out At Homeless Center (South Bend Tribune) – This past week, the Irish football squad headed over to the South Bend Center for the Homeless to volunteer in the area. Click the link above to read more.
Where do i start… First off, we don’t own the rights to our away games. Secondly, even if we were in a conference, our non-conference away games would still be owned by our opponents. Lastly, to find out what channel CBS Sports is on, click here.
— ND Facebook Comments (@NDfanComments) October 23, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Take 45 minutes and watch the NFL Films presentation of “Onward Notre Dame: Destination Dallas.”
Let’s talk football…
What year was Notre Dame Stadium Built and when was the renovation completed?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in tomorrow’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
Yesterday’s trivia question (Who was the last former Notre Dame student-athlete to catch 10 touchdown passes in the NFL?) answer was Tim Brown in 2000. Those with the correct answer include; Joe Reimers, Frank Vitovitch and Davie Dave.
- Softball. Irish Resume With Wildcats In Evanston
- M. Lacrosse. Wynne Receives ACC Player Of The Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Bjork And Petersen Share MVP Honors
- W. Tennis. Irish Drop Season Finale To Clemson, 6-1
- M. Tennis. Hagar Provides A Bright Spot In 5-2 Loss To Wake Forest
- Softball. Virginia Sweeps Irish With 10-6 Sunday Win
- Track. Irish Close Record-Setting Day at Baylor
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Earn No. 4 Seed In ACC Tournament
- M. Golf. Golfers Conclude ACCs in 10th
- Football. Sunday Brunch: Irish Football ‘Process’ Ongoing
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Anna Rohrer ran her 1st 10K in April. She set ACC & @NDXCTF records. Ran fastest 10K of 2017 in the World. Donate… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- ☘ 765 Wins at ND 🏆 2001 @NCAA Champ 🏀 Naismith Hall of Famer Coach McGraw discusses her @ndwbb journey. Donate:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- The Man. The Myth. The Legend. 1988 NCAA title team coach Lou Holtz looks back at his @NDFootball career. Donate:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- 🏅 2 @ACCTrackField Titles ☘ @NDXCTF Record in 800m Jessica Harris shines in the 2017 Track & Field season. Donate… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- What's it like to compete in the Olympics? @NDRowing's FIRST Olympic Gold Medalist Amanda Polk knows! Watch/Donat… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 hours ago