Oct 24, 2013, 11:14 AM EDT
There were no Notre Dame athletic squads in action yesterday, yet we were not without news.
Former Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn was released by the New York Jets on Monday and was signed to the St. Louis Rams yesterday afternoon after their starting quarterback Sam Bradford went down with a season-ending injury.
Additionally, tonight is senior night for the women’s soccer squad as the Irish bid farewell to their soon-to-be graduates. Either come out to Alumni Stadium tonight at 7 p.m. (ET) or watch online for free at WatchND.tv.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – And In That Corner … The Air Force Falcons (LINK-NBCSports)
The Irish travel to Colorado Springs, Colo., this weekend to take on the Air Force Falcons in the first of two-straight games against option-oriented squads. Click the link above to read Keith Arnold’s take on the game.
- 2. Football – Planning For Success: Notre Dame (LINK-ESPN.com)
Playing a team that uses the option puts pressure on the Notre Dame defense to completely switch their way of thinking to stop a peculiar offense like the triple option. Click the link above to see what the Irish are doing this week to secure victory.
- 3. Hockey – Playing The What If Game… (LINK-Duluth News Tribune)
What if the Notre Dame hockey team never joined the Hockey East? Let’s play that game with the Duluth News Tribune… Click the link above to learn more.
- 4. Football – Rees Ready For Air Force (LINK-ESPN.com)
After being knocked out of last week’s game, Tommy Rees is back and ready to play this weekend against Air Force. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Football – ND/AFA Players To Watch (LINK-UHND.com)
As the Irish men’s basketball team enters ACC play, they will rely on guard Eric Atkins for leadership. To learn more, click the link above.
Yes, this actually happened…
— Aaron Horvath (@NDSportsBlogger) October 24, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Get ready for this weekend’s ND/AFA game by watching last season’s intro video from Colorado Springs, Colo.
There is no daily trivia today due to “Trading Card Thursday.” Check out the Strong & True Notre Dame football blog later in the day for your chance to win an autographed trading card from Upper Deck.
Yesterday’s trivia question (What year was Notre Dame Stadium Built and when was the renovation completed?) answer was 1930 when it was originally built and 1997 was when the remodel was complete.
- W. Rowing. O'Tighearnaigh Named Honorable Mention All-American
- Football. Irish Trio Named To Bednarik,Maxwell Watch Lists
- Football. Single-Game Irish Football Tickets Available
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Skaters Participate In NHL Development Camps
- Swimming & Diving. Litzinger To Coach In Inaugural ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- W. Soccer. Flores Signs Two-Year Deal with Valencia CF
- Fencing. Kvaratskhelia Named USFCA Coach of the Year
- M. Soccer. Irish Men's Soccer Holding School Supply Drive
- Track & Field. Sunday Brunch: Hoosier Hoops Helped Prepare Sparks for Head Coaching Role
- Track & Field. Sparks Promoted to Irish Head Track and Field and Cross Country Coach
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- We know who we're voting for! 👇 👀 @NDmbb #GoIrish twitter.com/marchmadness/s… 1 hour ago
- ☘️ @NDFootball's Nic Weishar has been nominated for the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team. Meet Nic and his family as… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- Those #NDFamily vibes are strong! 💪 You heard @NDFootball! Vote @ndwbb for Best Play at the @ESPYS! VOTE 👉… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- What year did @NDFootball squad travel to Baltimore for its first game against the @NavyFB? #TriviaTuesday #GoIrish 18 hours ago
- On #WorldEmojiDay, tell us about your Irish fandom in emojis! ☘️💚 #GoIrish https://t.co/OZM5gWXex4 22 hours ago