Oct 24, 2013, 11:14 AM EDT
There were no Notre Dame athletic squads in action yesterday, yet we were not without news.
Former Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn was released by the New York Jets on Monday and was signed to the St. Louis Rams yesterday afternoon after their starting quarterback Sam Bradford went down with a season-ending injury.
Additionally, tonight is senior night for the women’s soccer squad as the Irish bid farewell to their soon-to-be graduates. Either come out to Alumni Stadium tonight at 7 p.m. (ET) or watch online for free at WatchND.tv.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – And In That Corner … The Air Force Falcons (LINK-NBCSports)
The Irish travel to Colorado Springs, Colo., this weekend to take on the Air Force Falcons in the first of two-straight games against option-oriented squads. Click the link above to read Keith Arnold’s take on the game.
- 2. Football – Planning For Success: Notre Dame (LINK-ESPN.com)
Playing a team that uses the option puts pressure on the Notre Dame defense to completely switch their way of thinking to stop a peculiar offense like the triple option. Click the link above to see what the Irish are doing this week to secure victory.
- 3. Hockey – Playing The What If Game… (LINK-Duluth News Tribune)
What if the Notre Dame hockey team never joined the Hockey East? Let’s play that game with the Duluth News Tribune… Click the link above to learn more.
- 4. Football – Rees Ready For Air Force (LINK-ESPN.com)
After being knocked out of last week’s game, Tommy Rees is back and ready to play this weekend against Air Force. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Football – ND/AFA Players To Watch (LINK-UHND.com)
As the Irish men’s basketball team enters ACC play, they will rely on guard Eric Atkins for leadership. To learn more, click the link above.
Yes, this actually happened…
— Aaron Horvath (@NDSportsBlogger) October 24, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Get ready for this weekend’s ND/AFA game by watching last season’s intro video from Colorado Springs, Colo.
There is no daily trivia today due to “Trading Card Thursday.” Check out the Strong & True Notre Dame football blog later in the day for your chance to win an autographed trading card from Upper Deck.
Yesterday’s trivia question (What year was Notre Dame Stadium Built and when was the renovation completed?) answer was 1930 when it was originally built and 1997 was when the remodel was complete.
- Track. Irish Prepared for Split-Squad Competition
- W. Golf. Irish Await Elite Field at Bryan National Collegiate
- W. Basketball. Turner's All-America Honors Continue
- M. Basketball. Colson Nabs AP All-America Accolade
- W. Volleyball. Q&A On Irish Volleyball Junior Sam Fry's National Team Tryout
- Baseball. Rally Pushes Irish By Cougars
- M. Basketball. Matt Ryan Granted Release For Contact With Other Schools
- Fencing. Replay: NCAA Title in My Eyes
- Softball. Irish Entertain EMU Eagles Wednesday Evening
- M. Ice Hockey. Jackson Named One of 10 Finalists For Spencer Penrose Award
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE WEEK @NDWomensLax goalie Samantha Giacolone earns national honor after making 13 saves in w… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 42 minutes ago
- 🏒 @NCAA Coach of the Year Finalist @NDHockey coach Jeff Jackson is a top-10 finalist for the Spencer Penrose Award. und.com/sports/m-hocke… 5 hours ago
- ⚾️ IRISH RALLY PAST CHICAGO STATE @NDBaseball downs Chicago State 7-4 with a trio of 2-run innings. Game Recap: und.com/sports/m-baseb… 9 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: “I can’t tell you how proud we are of you.” - Coach Jackson Relive @NDHockey’s 3-2 OT win vs. UMass Lowell. NEXT: On t… 23 hours ago
- ☘ After beating #4 Ohio State 12-7... 2 @NDlacrosse stars earn ACC Player of the Week! Sergio Perkovic John Sexton und.com/sports/m-lacro… 1 day ago