Oct 29, 2013, 11:23 AM EST
Last night, the Irish men’s basketball team began their journey in the first of two exhibition games before their regular season slate begins. Last night, the Irish defeated UIndy 95-69 at Purcell Pavilion.
Other than that game, the only other Irish athletic team in action was the men’s golf squad who is competing in the Invitational at the Ocean Course at Kiawah Island. You can check in on how the Irish did yesterday here.
Lastly, this tweet by the Notre Dame Baseball account (@NDBaseball) clearly shows the athleticism of their current and former student-athletes, additionally it is pretty awesome to think about the three of them.
— ND Baseball (@NDBaseball) October 29, 2013
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Irish In The NFL (LINK-Strong & True)
Former Notre Dame football student-athletes took to the gridiron once again on Sunday (and Monday) to play in the NFL. Their game and season stats have been compiled and can be found by clicking the link above.
- 2. Men’s Soccer – Powers Nets Goal USA Rookie Of The Year (LINK-Goal USA)
Notre Dame men’s soccer alum Dillon Powers has garnered his first Rookie of the Year award (not the one from the MLS) after being named the Colorado Rapids team MVP earlier in the month. Click the link above to learn more.
- 3. Football – Niklas Standing Out (LINK-ESPN)
Troy Niklas has come out of the shadows of Mackey Award winner Tyler Eifert to continue the long-storied tradition of stellar play from Notre Dame tight ends. Click the link above to read Matt Fortuna’s fantastic story on Niklas.
- 4. Men’s Basketball – Biedscheid Watches Irish Victory (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
After watching the Irish roll to a 95-69 victory in their first exhibition game of the season, Coach Brey talked about the possibilities of redshirting a key cog on the Irish roster. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Men’s Basketball – Quinn Named To Northwestern Staff (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
Chris Quinn, a 2006 graduate of Notre Dame, was recently named the Director of Player Development at Northwestern. To learn more, click the link above.
Welcome new Notre Dame football assistant media relations Leigh Torbin, a diehard Red Sox fan…
Biggest upset, #RedSox taking two of three in St. Louis? Not even close. Biggest upset tonight is a Sox WS game taking under three hours.
— Leigh Torbin (@LTorbin) October 29, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
If you don’t remember T.J. Jones’ summer internship at SeaWorld, then you can read and watch more about it here.
Let’s talk NFL…
Golden Tate snagged two touchdown catches last night in a 14-9 win over St. Louis, the question is, who was the last former Irish wide receiver to accomplish this before Tate?
Yesterday’s trivia question (After graduating from Notre Dame with a degree in Film, Television and Theatre, John Axford played his final season at what school) was answered correctly by a handful of people. The correct answer was Canisius College. The winner of the prize is Pete Swizer. Contact me at Ahorvat3@nd.edu to claim your prize.
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
- W. Basketball. No. 6/5 Women's Hoops to Head West on Oregon Trail
- Football. Notre Dame-Navy: Five Things to Watch
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.