Oct 30, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
He’s a sophomore left wing from Plymouth, Minn., and was third in goal scoring for the Irish last year–and that’s after missing the first nine games due to a broken leg. Mario Lucia looks to make a huge impact for the Notre Dame hockey team this year, but he’s also just a rib-loving, fiscally responsible, caring guy. Here’s the Mario Lucia edition of Two-Minute Power Play.
- If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called?Either “Happy-Go-Lucky” or “The Gentle Giant”
- What actor would play you in your biopic? Chris Hemsworth
- What’s your favorite meal? My dad’s ribs
- If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Soccer
- What is your favorite Notre Dame tradition? Probably just football weekends
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be? Superman
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? I’d probably save it. Put it in stocks. Make more money, but spend a little—wouldn’t waste it on a car, that’s for sure.
- Do you have any interesting talents? I play the trumpet. I’ve been playing it since 6th grade.
- Do you have a pre-game routine? I do the same thing every game day, which is nap, visualize, listen to music, stretch, joke around with the guys. Yeah, nothing major.
- Do you have any superstitions? I always put the left side of equipment on first.
- What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at ND? History of Africa and Slave Trade, just because I’d never really learned about that stuff, and I enjoyed the teacher.
- If you had a time machine, when would you go to? I’d really want to go to the 1980s to go to an Asia concert and Eddie Money, but I guess I’d like 10 years from now what I’m doing to see if my dreams come true.
- What’s your favorite song to listen to before games? I don’t have a set song. It kind of changes. It depends on what’s good lately.
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
- Who is your celebrity crush? Carrie Underwood
- Who is your favorite band? Timeflies
- What’s your favorite thing about Minnesota? My friends and family
- What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? I liked Nickolodeon. Rocket Power and Rugrats
- Would you rather be Jack Swarbrick or Fr. Jenkins for a day? Fr. Jenkins. I feel like it’d be better to get outside sports and see what campus is like without—I mean, I live sports, so it’d be nice to see the religious part.
- What surprises people most about you? That I’m really nice, really caring; people I don’t know, people think I’m intimidating, but once they get to know me, I’m not at all.
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Remain In The Hunt At OSU Fall Invite
- M. Ice Hockey. Morrison Tallies Overtime Winner As #4 Irish Down RPI 1-0
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- No. 8️⃣ @NDFootball took down Navy in the final home game of the 2017 season at Notre Dame Stadium. #GoIrish https://t.co/QQUR9IWSog 6 hours ago
- Celebrating Senior Day the best way we know how, on the field with our friends and family. #GoIrish https://t.co/ItoEJgeRWd 7 hours ago
- That’ll do it from Notre Dame Stadium, where @NDFootball defeats Navy, 24-17! Next up, Stanford. #GoIrish https://t.co/9ytOGrfW8p 9 hours ago
- Proud to stand with our friends from the Naval Academy during their alma mater. Thank you, always, for your servic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Gold always looks best in the fourth quarter. #GoIrish https://t.co/vbQmCNfrOF 9 hours ago