Nov 4, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
After a nail-biting weekend on the gridiron, a plethora of Irish squads made marks in the athletic spectrum.
The men’s soccer team defeated 12th-ranked Wake Forest Demon Deacons on the road to move into a tie with Maryland atop the ACC standings. The Irish men close out ACC play this Friday as they take on Pittsburgh at 7 p.m. (ET).
The Irish women’s soccer team fell to #5 Virginia Tech yesterday in ACC quarterfinal play in double-OT by a score of 2-1 yesterday.
Traveling to Vermont for their first Hockey East clash in the program’s history, the Irish split with the Catamounts, losing on Friday before completing a stunning comeback to win 3-2 on Saturday. The 2nd-ranked Irish welcome top-ranked Minnesota to town this weekend.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Navy Nailbiters (LINK-Strong & True)
With the narrow 38-34 win over the Naval Academy last Saturday, Criag Chval did some research to look at previous close wins against the Midshipmen. Click the link above to read more.
- 2. Football – Treating Others Right (LINK-The Observer)
Whenever the Naval Academy comes to play at Notre Dame there is always a level of collegial respect for one another. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Men’s Basketball – David Rivers: The Man Of The Final (LINK-EuroLeague.net)
After finishing his career with the Irish, David Rivers began his professional basketball career in the States before taking him around the world. Click the link above to read more.
- 4. Football – Injuries Beginning To Pile Up (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
After playing back-to-back option-oriented squads, the Irish defense is very thin in depth. Click the link above to learn how the Irish look heading into Pittsburgh.
- 5. Football – My View From The Navy Game (LINK-Strong & True)
As many writers and pundits sit up in the cozy comforts of the Notre Dame press box during games, I brave the elements outside to bring you video and pictures from the sideline during Fighting Irish football games. Here is how I saw the win.
Tweet That Made Me Chuckle
Somebody has a case of the Monday’s…
READY FOR MORNING LIFT 🍀 pic.twitter.com/Am4kSvDAZW
— ND Women’s Tennis (@NDWomensTennis) November 4, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Check out the Irish Connection piece from this weekend’s Navy football game
Let’s talk some football…
When was the last time a coach won seven games in each of his first four season at Notre Dame?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Tuesday’s T.I.F.I.
Friday’s question (Can you name the former Notre Dame men’s basketball player who is an NBA head coach and what team does he coach for?) was first answered correctly by Roy Wilson. The correct answer is Monty Williams, the head coach of the New Orleans Pelicans.
- W. Rowing. O'Tighearnaigh Named Honorable Mention All-American
- Football. Irish Trio Named To Bednarik,Maxwell Watch Lists
- Football. Single-Game Irish Football Tickets Available
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Skaters Participate In NHL Development Camps
- Swimming & Diving. Litzinger To Coach In Inaugural ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- W. Soccer. Flores Signs Two-Year Deal with Valencia CF
- Fencing. Kvaratskhelia Named USFCA Coach of the Year
- M. Soccer. Irish Men's Soccer Holding School Supply Drive
- Track & Field. Sunday Brunch: Hoosier Hoops Helped Prepare Sparks for Head Coaching Role
- Track & Field. Sparks Promoted to Irish Head Track and Field and Cross Country Coach
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- We know who we're voting for! 👇 👀 @NDmbb #GoIrish twitter.com/marchmadness/s… 52 minutes ago
- ☘️ @NDFootball's Nic Weishar has been nominated for the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team. Meet Nic and his family as… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- Those #NDFamily vibes are strong! 💪 You heard @NDFootball! Vote @ndwbb for Best Play at the @ESPYS! VOTE 👉… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- What year did @NDFootball squad travel to Baltimore for its first game against the @NavyFB? #TriviaTuesday #GoIrish 18 hours ago
- On #WorldEmojiDay, tell us about your Irish fandom in emojis! ☘️💚 #GoIrish https://t.co/OZM5gWXex4 22 hours ago