Nov 4, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
After a nail-biting weekend on the gridiron, a plethora of Irish squads made marks in the athletic spectrum.
The men’s soccer team defeated 12th-ranked Wake Forest Demon Deacons on the road to move into a tie with Maryland atop the ACC standings. The Irish men close out ACC play this Friday as they take on Pittsburgh at 7 p.m. (ET).
The Irish women’s soccer team fell to #5 Virginia Tech yesterday in ACC quarterfinal play in double-OT by a score of 2-1 yesterday.
Traveling to Vermont for their first Hockey East clash in the program’s history, the Irish split with the Catamounts, losing on Friday before completing a stunning comeback to win 3-2 on Saturday. The 2nd-ranked Irish welcome top-ranked Minnesota to town this weekend.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Navy Nailbiters (LINK-Strong & True)
With the narrow 38-34 win over the Naval Academy last Saturday, Criag Chval did some research to look at previous close wins against the Midshipmen. Click the link above to read more.
- 2. Football – Treating Others Right (LINK-The Observer)
Whenever the Naval Academy comes to play at Notre Dame there is always a level of collegial respect for one another. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Men’s Basketball – David Rivers: The Man Of The Final (LINK-EuroLeague.net)
After finishing his career with the Irish, David Rivers began his professional basketball career in the States before taking him around the world. Click the link above to read more.
- 4. Football – Injuries Beginning To Pile Up (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
After playing back-to-back option-oriented squads, the Irish defense is very thin in depth. Click the link above to learn how the Irish look heading into Pittsburgh.
- 5. Football – My View From The Navy Game (LINK-Strong & True)
As many writers and pundits sit up in the cozy comforts of the Notre Dame press box during games, I brave the elements outside to bring you video and pictures from the sideline during Fighting Irish football games. Here is how I saw the win.
Tweet That Made Me Chuckle
Somebody has a case of the Monday’s…
READY FOR MORNING LIFT 🍀 pic.twitter.com/Am4kSvDAZW
— ND Women’s Tennis (@NDWomensTennis) November 4, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Check out the Irish Connection piece from this weekend’s Navy football game
Let’s talk some football…
When was the last time a coach won seven games in each of his first four season at Notre Dame?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Tuesday’s T.I.F.I.
Friday’s question (Can you name the former Notre Dame men’s basketball player who is an NBA head coach and what team does he coach for?) was first answered correctly by Roy Wilson. The correct answer is Monty Williams, the head coach of the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Fencing. Three Former Irish Fencers Pick Up Team Medals At Senior World Championships
- W. Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse Continues Academic Success
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Inside The Stadium
- M. Basketball. Select-A-Seat Returns August 5
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Unveils 2017-18 Schedule
- Softball. Cassidy Whidden (B.A. '15, M.Ed. '17) Returns To Irish Softball Fold
- W. Tennis. Women's Tennis Welcomes Back Dasso ('01) As Assistant Coach
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Fan Experience
- M. Basketball. Men’s Basketball - Summer Headlines
- Swimming & Diving. World Championships Underway For Plaschka
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘ When you make it to ND Stadium... You'll find signage of historic @NDFootball program covers in the concourse.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- 🇺🇸 2x Olympian ☘ 4x NCAA Champ 🌎 #1 World Ranking Lee Kiefer ('17) leaves her @NDFencing legacy. FULL VIDEO:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- ☘ Navigating Notre Dame Stadium just got a whole lot easier. New signage in the concourse will lead you to your se… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- 🏈Countdown to Kickoff: 39 Days #39 Braxston Banks played for @NDFootball’s 1988 NCAA title team. He scored the 2n… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- ☘ The view of Notre Dame Stadium from the video board! Ready for 80,000+ @NDFootball fans. #NDBiggerThanBrick https://t.co/lK6hUMxrTG 1 day ago