Nov 4, 2013, 10:14 AM EST
After a nail-biting weekend on the gridiron, a plethora of Irish squads made marks in the athletic spectrum.
The men’s soccer team defeated 12th-ranked Wake Forest Demon Deacons on the road to move into a tie with Maryland atop the ACC standings. The Irish men close out ACC play this Friday as they take on Pittsburgh at 7 p.m. (ET).
The Irish women’s soccer team fell to #5 Virginia Tech yesterday in ACC quarterfinal play in double-OT by a score of 2-1 yesterday.
Traveling to Vermont for their first Hockey East clash in the program’s history, the Irish split with the Catamounts, losing on Friday before completing a stunning comeback to win 3-2 on Saturday. The 2nd-ranked Irish welcome top-ranked Minnesota to town this weekend.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Navy Nailbiters (LINK-Strong & True)
With the narrow 38-34 win over the Naval Academy last Saturday, Criag Chval did some research to look at previous close wins against the Midshipmen. Click the link above to read more.
- 2. Football – Treating Others Right (LINK-The Observer)
Whenever the Naval Academy comes to play at Notre Dame there is always a level of collegial respect for one another. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Men’s Basketball – David Rivers: The Man Of The Final (LINK-EuroLeague.net)
After finishing his career with the Irish, David Rivers began his professional basketball career in the States before taking him around the world. Click the link above to read more.
- 4. Football – Injuries Beginning To Pile Up (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
After playing back-to-back option-oriented squads, the Irish defense is very thin in depth. Click the link above to learn how the Irish look heading into Pittsburgh.
- 5. Football – My View From The Navy Game (LINK-Strong & True)
As many writers and pundits sit up in the cozy comforts of the Notre Dame press box during games, I brave the elements outside to bring you video and pictures from the sideline during Fighting Irish football games. Here is how I saw the win.
Tweet That Made Me Chuckle
Somebody has a case of the Monday’s…
READY FOR MORNING LIFT 🍀 pic.twitter.com/Am4kSvDAZW
— ND Women’s Tennis (@NDWomensTennis) November 4, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Check out the Irish Connection piece from this weekend’s Navy football game
Let’s talk some football…
When was the last time a coach won seven games in each of his first four season at Notre Dame?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Tuesday’s T.I.F.I.
Friday’s question (Can you name the former Notre Dame men’s basketball player who is an NBA head coach and what team does he coach for?) was first answered correctly by Roy Wilson. The correct answer is Monty Williams, the head coach of the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Baseball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- Softball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- M. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Wins Over Kentucky, Cleveland State
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame's 16-Game Winning Streak Ends Against Wisconsin
- Fencing. Irish Close Out Weekend With Wins In Philly
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Cruise Past Clemson, 90-37
- M. Soccer. Sunday Brunch: The Riley Era-Long Time in the Making
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish Complete ACC Sweep At #20/25 FSU
- M. Basketball. Mooney's Career Day Not Enough In Loss At Clemson
- Track & Field. Shead, Irish race to top-three finishes at Notre Dame Invitational
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- At Notre Dame, head coach Theresa Romagnolo stressed the importance of the #NDFamily. We now wish her well as she… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- No. 1️⃣ @NDHockey No. 1️⃣ @NDFencing No. 5️⃣ @ndwbb Three Irish teams with top-🖐 rankings = plenty of reasons to l… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Life comes at you fast. But sometimes, @NDFootball's Te'von Coney comes at you faster. #GoIrish https://t.co/UdpGzTqlHG 2 hours ago
- After No. 5 @ndwbb earned its largest ACC win in program history, @NDSportsBlogger caught up with Kat Westbeld, who… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Junior Alex Lebedev moved to 4-0 in his career at No. 1 singles as @NDMensTennis downed Kentucky and Cleveland Stat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago