Nov 5, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
Life is good in Notre Dame athletics at the current time, the men’s soccer team has risen to the number-one ranking in one of the college soccer polls (the coaches poll is due out this afternoon) and the fourth-ranked hockey squad welcomes top-ranked Minnesota to the Compton barn on Friday.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – The Top-100 Players Of All Time (LINK-Strong & True)
A member of our @JrNDBloggers, Craig Chval, has undertaken a huge project to unveil the top-100 Notre Dame football players of all-time. Click the link above to read his methodology and prelude before the rankings begin later this week.
- 2. Football – Irish In The NFL – Week Nine (LINK-Strong & True)
Click the link above to find out how your favorite former Notre Dame football student-athletes did this week in the NFL.
- 3. Women’s Basketball – Life After Skylar (LINK-ESPN.com)
Three-straight Final Four’s, a bevy of national awards and two NCAA Championship Game appearances is just a few of the achievements that were won during the Skylar Diggins era. A new era has begun for Notre Dame women’s basketball, click the link above to read more.
- 4. Football – Next Man In (LINK-ESPN.com)
The Irish are becoming thin on the defensive side of the ball due to a pair of games against option-oriented offenses. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Football – Shamrock Stickers – Navy (LINK-UHND.com)
The guys at UHND gave out four Shamrock Stickers this week after a 38-34 win over Navy. Click the link above to see who received a Shamrock Sticker.
I’m thinking of investing in this…
The solution to my ND parking challenges–drive a forklift. pic.twitter.com/D81EGELLjt
— Matt Cashore (@mattcashore) November 5, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Let’s relive last year’s three-overtime victory over Pitt.
This is a prize question, one person who correctly answers will be chosen to receive a Notre Dame athletics prize.
Now, let’s talk some men’s soccer…
What is the farthest in the tournament the men’s soccer team has gone in the NCAA Championship? And in what year?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Wednesday’s T.I.F.I.
Monday’s question (When was the last time a coach won seven games in each of his first four season at Notre Dame?) was first answered correctly by Davie Dave. The correct answer is Dan Devine (of the Green Bay Packers).
- Track. Irish Prepared for Split-Squad Competition
- W. Golf. Irish Await Elite Field at Bryan National Collegiate
- W. Basketball. Turner's All-America Honors Continue
- M. Basketball. Colson Nabs AP All-America Accolade
- W. Volleyball. Q&A On Irish Volleyball Junior Sam Fry's National Team Tryout
- Baseball. Rally Pushes Irish By Cougars
- M. Basketball. Matt Ryan Granted Release For Contact With Other Schools
- Fencing. Replay: NCAA Title in My Eyes
- Softball. Irish Entertain EMU Eagles Wednesday Evening
- M. Ice Hockey. Jackson Named One of 10 Finalists For Spencer Penrose Award
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE WEEK @NDWomensLax goalie Samantha Giacolone earns national honor after making 13 saves in w… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 44 minutes ago
- 🏒 @NCAA Coach of the Year Finalist @NDHockey coach Jeff Jackson is a top-10 finalist for the Spencer Penrose Award. und.com/sports/m-hocke… 6 hours ago
- ⚾️ IRISH RALLY PAST CHICAGO STATE @NDBaseball downs Chicago State 7-4 with a trio of 2-run innings. Game Recap: und.com/sports/m-baseb… 9 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: “I can’t tell you how proud we are of you.” - Coach Jackson Relive @NDHockey’s 3-2 OT win vs. UMass Lowell. NEXT: On t… 23 hours ago
- ☘ After beating #4 Ohio State 12-7... 2 @NDlacrosse stars earn ACC Player of the Week! Sergio Perkovic John Sexton und.com/sports/m-lacro… 1 day ago