Nov 5, 2013, 10:22 AM EST
Life is good in Notre Dame athletics at the current time, the men’s soccer team has risen to the number-one ranking in one of the college soccer polls (the coaches poll is due out this afternoon) and the fourth-ranked hockey squad welcomes top-ranked Minnesota to the Compton barn on Friday.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – The Top-100 Players Of All Time (LINK-Strong & True)
A member of our @JrNDBloggers, Craig Chval, has undertaken a huge project to unveil the top-100 Notre Dame football players of all-time. Click the link above to read his methodology and prelude before the rankings begin later this week.
- 2. Football – Irish In The NFL – Week Nine (LINK-Strong & True)
Click the link above to find out how your favorite former Notre Dame football student-athletes did this week in the NFL.
- 3. Women’s Basketball – Life After Skylar (LINK-ESPN.com)
Three-straight Final Four’s, a bevy of national awards and two NCAA Championship Game appearances is just a few of the achievements that were won during the Skylar Diggins era. A new era has begun for Notre Dame women’s basketball, click the link above to read more.
- 4. Football – Next Man In (LINK-ESPN.com)
The Irish are becoming thin on the defensive side of the ball due to a pair of games against option-oriented offenses. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Football – Shamrock Stickers – Navy (LINK-UHND.com)
The guys at UHND gave out four Shamrock Stickers this week after a 38-34 win over Navy. Click the link above to see who received a Shamrock Sticker.
I’m thinking of investing in this…
The solution to my ND parking challenges–drive a forklift. pic.twitter.com/D81EGELLjt
— Matt Cashore (@mattcashore) November 5, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Let’s relive last year’s three-overtime victory over Pitt.
This is a prize question, one person who correctly answers will be chosen to receive a Notre Dame athletics prize.
Now, let’s talk some men’s soccer…
What is the farthest in the tournament the men’s soccer team has gone in the NCAA Championship? And in what year?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Wednesday’s T.I.F.I.
Monday’s question (When was the last time a coach won seven games in each of his first four season at Notre Dame?) was first answered correctly by Davie Dave. The correct answer is Dan Devine (of the Green Bay Packers).
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
- W. Basketball. No. 6/5 Women's Hoops to Head West on Oregon Trail
- Football. Notre Dame-Navy: Five Things to Watch
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Celebrating Senior Day the best way we know how, on the field with our friends and family. #GoIrish https://t.co/ItoEJgeRWd 7 minutes ago
- That’ll do it from Notre Dame Stadium, where @NDFootball defeats Navy, 24-17! Next up, Stanford. #GoIrish https://t.co/9ytOGrfW8p 1 hour ago
- Proud to stand with our friends from the Naval Academy during their alma mater. Thank you, always, for your servic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Gold always looks best in the fourth quarter. #GoIrish https://t.co/vbQmCNfrOF 2 hours ago
- Wimbush to Stepherson x ✌️ @NDFootball takes the 24-17 lead with 11:49 left in the fourth quarter! Get to NBC!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago