Nov 5, 2013, 10:22 AM EST
Life is good in Notre Dame athletics at the current time, the men’s soccer team has risen to the number-one ranking in one of the college soccer polls (the coaches poll is due out this afternoon) and the fourth-ranked hockey squad welcomes top-ranked Minnesota to the Compton barn on Friday.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – The Top-100 Players Of All Time (LINK-Strong & True)
A member of our @JrNDBloggers, Craig Chval, has undertaken a huge project to unveil the top-100 Notre Dame football players of all-time. Click the link above to read his methodology and prelude before the rankings begin later this week.
- 2. Football – Irish In The NFL – Week Nine (LINK-Strong & True)
Click the link above to find out how your favorite former Notre Dame football student-athletes did this week in the NFL.
- 3. Women’s Basketball – Life After Skylar (LINK-ESPN.com)
Three-straight Final Four’s, a bevy of national awards and two NCAA Championship Game appearances is just a few of the achievements that were won during the Skylar Diggins era. A new era has begun for Notre Dame women’s basketball, click the link above to read more.
- 4. Football – Next Man In (LINK-ESPN.com)
The Irish are becoming thin on the defensive side of the ball due to a pair of games against option-oriented offenses. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Football – Shamrock Stickers – Navy (LINK-UHND.com)
The guys at UHND gave out four Shamrock Stickers this week after a 38-34 win over Navy. Click the link above to see who received a Shamrock Sticker.
I’m thinking of investing in this…
The solution to my ND parking challenges–drive a forklift. pic.twitter.com/D81EGELLjt
— Matt Cashore (@mattcashore) November 5, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Let’s relive last year’s three-overtime victory over Pitt.
This is a prize question, one person who correctly answers will be chosen to receive a Notre Dame athletics prize.
Now, let’s talk some men’s soccer…
What is the farthest in the tournament the men’s soccer team has gone in the NCAA Championship? And in what year?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Wednesday’s T.I.F.I.
Monday’s question (When was the last time a coach won seven games in each of his first four season at Notre Dame?) was first answered correctly by Davie Dave. The correct answer is Dan Devine (of the Green Bay Packers).
- W. Tennis. Irish Breeze To 7-0 Season-Opening Victory Over Broncos
- M. Tennis. Lebedev, Howells Sweep ACC Weekly Honors
- Swimming & Diving. Coumos Earns Second ACC Diving Citation Of Season
- Football. Jeff Quinn Named Notre Dame Offensive Line Coach
- Softball. #NDSB30 Top Five: 2000s
- W. Soccer. Romagnolo Announces Resignation as Irish Women’s Soccer Coach
- W. Basketball. Ogunbowale Named ACC Player of the Week
- M. Lacrosse. Men's Lacrosse Announces Two Preseason Exhibitions
- W. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Combine Veteran Experience With Young Talent
- Baseball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Get ready for @NDWomensTennis' 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣8️⃣ campaign by catching up on all you need to know before the Irish hit th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Go behind-the-scenes with all things Fighting Irish Media and learn how the pros of @NDFIM tell the best stories of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- After coaching 1️⃣2️⃣ @NFL linemen, Jeff Quinn has been named @NDFootball's Offensive Line coach. Congratulations,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- Before @NDSoftball's 30th season kicks off on February 9, take a look 👀 back at the best Irish moments of the 2000s… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Who do you think is this week’s @tire_rack Student-Athlete of the Week? Vote now! #GoIrish 15 hours ago