Nov 8, 2013, 11:52 PM EST
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
He’s one of only four Europeans to move to Indiana to play hockey for Notre Dame, and it’s a good thing he has. Coming to South Bend all the way from Austria, Peter Schneider has become quite the penalty-killer and energetic right wing for the Irish. Not only that, but Schneider is a finance and economics double-major, and he boasts an impressive 3.945 GPA. Here’s your two-minute power play with Peter Schneider.
If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “Hard Work Pays Off”
What actor would play you in your biopic? Ryan Gosling
What’s your favorite meal? Schnitzel
If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Soccer
If you had a time machine, when would you go to? Back when I first started playing hockey, so about 16 years ago.
What’s your favorite thing about Coach Jackson? I knew that question was going to come! Ha! His experience.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? Invest it.
Do you have a pre-game routine? I always eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, definitely.
What’s the best thing about Austria? The mountains and skiing.
What’s your favorite sport to watch? Hockey
Favorite month of the year? June—part of June I’m still at home, and part I’m back here, so I get to see both of my families.
What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Coconut.
If you could be anyone (real or fictional, dead or alive) for a day, who would you be? Sidney Crosby
What is your favorite song to listen to before games? I have a whole playlist, but I’ll pick one. “Money Trees” by Kendrick Lamar.
What’s your biggest fear? Failure.
What do you miss most about home? My family.
What surprises people most about you? (In Indiana) That I’m Austrian. (In Austria) That I’m funny.
Who is your celebrity crush? I actually don’t have any.
What’s your favorite movie? “Miracle.”
- W. Soccer. Romagnolo Announces Resignation as Irish Women’s Soccer Coach
- W. Basketball. Ogunbowale Named ACC Player of the Week
- M. Lacrosse. Men's Lacrosse Announces Two Preseason Exhibitions
- W. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Combine Veteran Experience With Young Talent
- Baseball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- Softball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- M. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Wins Over Kentucky, Cleveland State
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame's 16-Game Winning Streak Ends Against Wisconsin
- Fencing. Irish Close Out Weekend With Wins In Philly
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Cruise Past Clemson, 90-37
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- At Notre Dame, head coach Theresa Romagnolo stressed the importance of the #NDFamily. We now wish her well as she… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- No. 1️⃣ @NDHockey No. 1️⃣ @NDFencing No. 5️⃣ @ndwbb Three Irish teams with top-🖐 rankings = plenty of reasons to l… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Life comes at you fast. But sometimes, @NDFootball's Te'von Coney comes at you faster. #GoIrish https://t.co/UdpGzTqlHG 4 hours ago
- After No. 5 @ndwbb earned its largest ACC win in program history, @NDSportsBlogger caught up with Kat Westbeld, who… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Junior Alex Lebedev moved to 4-0 in his career at No. 1 singles as @NDMensTennis downed Kentucky and Cleveland Stat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago