Nov 11, 2013, 1:47 PM EST
For the cross country and upcoming indoor track and field seasons this year, the teams were upgraded to a new home, just across the hall in the bowels of the JACC. During the summer, the rusted-out lockers were torn down and redone just in time for the fall season to commence. Now, with custom lockers and better shower curtains, the women and men runners can warm up, cool down, and prepare for their races at Loftus across the street. The old locker rooms that the teams were using are now being transformed into similar-looking locker rooms for visiting teams for home invitationals, said Operations Specialist Molly Jergenson.
Having this new space for the men’s and women’s teams to meet before and after practice has helped girls and guys from different events bond. With each event having different or staggered practices sometimes it is difficult for throwers to bond with long distance runners, or sprinters with jumpers. No persons’ locker is next to another person in their event, which allows for better team bonding that the runners, jumpers, and throwers may not necessarily get. See the pictures below for a sneak peek into the women’s locker room:
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
- W. Basketball. No. 6/5 Women's Hoops to Head West on Oregon Trail
- Football. Notre Dame-Navy: Five Things to Watch
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.