Nov 12, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
Both of the men’s and the women’s basketball squads at Notre Dame are both currently 2-0 after the opening weekend of games.
Last night, the sixth-ranked women’s basketball squad played a top-20 matchup against #19 Michigan State. Led by 22 points and nine rebounds from Irish guard Jewell Loyd, the Irish took down the Spartans 81-62.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Football – Beyond The Box Score (LINK-Strong & True)
Statistical guru Brian Fremeau takes a look at turnovers in the red zone and how they can turn a game around. Click the link above to read more.
2. Football – Irish In The NFL – Week 10 (LINK-Strong & True)
A plethora of former Notre Dame football players suited up in the NFL last week, click the link above to see how your favorite players fared.
3. Men’s Basketball – Playing Through The Pain (LINK-In The Paint)
The men’s basketball team moved to 2-0 with a 80-49 win over the Stetson Hatters on Sunday afternoon. Click the link above to read more about the victory.
4. Women’s Basketball – Irish Rebounding Fuels Irish (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
The Irish tallied their first big win of the year, defeating #19 Michigan State 81-62 in front of the crowd at Purcell Pavilion. Click the link above to read more.
5. Men’s Swimming – Longtime Coach To Retire (LINK-UND.com)
Longtime men’s swimming coach Tim Welsh announced his retirement following the 2013-14 season. He will be replaced by associate head coach Matt Tallman. In a personal note, coach Welsh and coach Tallman have always been some of my favorite coaches to be around at the University since I began here as a summer worker back in 2008. Click the link above to read more.
. @PlanePat24 yeah. Because it NEVER snows in Massachusetts. Sheesh.
— Alan W. (@AlDogg44) November 12, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
With Indiana State coming to Purcell Pavilion to take on the Irish this Sunday, I thought it would be interesting to look at a past connection for these two teams. We go back to the 1979 Elite Eight matchup between the Irish and Michigan State (awesome music included). The Irish would fall to to the Spartans who would go on to face Indiana State in the final game that year.
With men’s soccer tonight…
Who holds the program record for goals scored in a season?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Wednesday’s T.I.F.I.
Tuesday’s question (Who was the last Notre Dame men’s basketball player to win an NBA title?) was answered correctly by a variety of people. The correct answer is John Paxson and he hit quite a big shot … Only two people correctly answered the question, Ross Goetz and Harold Fisher.
- W. Rowing. O'Tighearnaigh Named Honorable Mention All-American
- Football. Irish Trio Named To Bednarik,Maxwell Watch Lists
- Football. Single-Game Irish Football Tickets Available
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Skaters Participate In NHL Development Camps
- Swimming & Diving. Litzinger To Coach In Inaugural ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- W. Soccer. Flores Signs Two-Year Deal with Valencia CF
- Fencing. Kvaratskhelia Named USFCA Coach of the Year
- M. Soccer. Irish Men's Soccer Holding School Supply Drive
- Track & Field. Sunday Brunch: Hoosier Hoops Helped Prepare Sparks for Head Coaching Role
- Track & Field. Sparks Promoted to Irish Head Track and Field and Cross Country Coach
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- We know who we're voting for! 👇 👀 @NDmbb #GoIrish twitter.com/marchmadness/s… 48 minutes ago
- ☘️ @NDFootball's Nic Weishar has been nominated for the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team. Meet Nic and his family as… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- Those #NDFamily vibes are strong! 💪 You heard @NDFootball! Vote @ndwbb for Best Play at the @ESPYS! VOTE 👉… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- What year did @NDFootball squad travel to Baltimore for its first game against the @NavyFB? #TriviaTuesday #GoIrish 18 hours ago
- On #WorldEmojiDay, tell us about your Irish fandom in emojis! ☘️💚 #GoIrish https://t.co/OZM5gWXex4 21 hours ago