Nov 12, 2013, 10:58 AM EST
Both of the men’s and the women’s basketball squads at Notre Dame are both currently 2-0 after the opening weekend of games.
Last night, the sixth-ranked women’s basketball squad played a top-20 matchup against #19 Michigan State. Led by 22 points and nine rebounds from Irish guard Jewell Loyd, the Irish took down the Spartans 81-62.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Football – Beyond The Box Score (LINK-Strong & True)
Statistical guru Brian Fremeau takes a look at turnovers in the red zone and how they can turn a game around. Click the link above to read more.
2. Football – Irish In The NFL – Week 10 (LINK-Strong & True)
A plethora of former Notre Dame football players suited up in the NFL last week, click the link above to see how your favorite players fared.
3. Men’s Basketball – Playing Through The Pain (LINK-In The Paint)
The men’s basketball team moved to 2-0 with a 80-49 win over the Stetson Hatters on Sunday afternoon. Click the link above to read more about the victory.
4. Women’s Basketball – Irish Rebounding Fuels Irish (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
The Irish tallied their first big win of the year, defeating #19 Michigan State 81-62 in front of the crowd at Purcell Pavilion. Click the link above to read more.
5. Men’s Swimming – Longtime Coach To Retire (LINK-UND.com)
Longtime men’s swimming coach Tim Welsh announced his retirement following the 2013-14 season. He will be replaced by associate head coach Matt Tallman. In a personal note, coach Welsh and coach Tallman have always been some of my favorite coaches to be around at the University since I began here as a summer worker back in 2008. Click the link above to read more.
. @PlanePat24 yeah. Because it NEVER snows in Massachusetts. Sheesh.
— Alan W. (@AlDogg44) November 12, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
With Indiana State coming to Purcell Pavilion to take on the Irish this Sunday, I thought it would be interesting to look at a past connection for these two teams. We go back to the 1979 Elite Eight matchup between the Irish and Michigan State (awesome music included). The Irish would fall to to the Spartans who would go on to face Indiana State in the final game that year.
With men’s soccer tonight…
Who holds the program record for goals scored in a season?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Wednesday’s T.I.F.I.
Tuesday’s question (Who was the last Notre Dame men’s basketball player to win an NBA title?) was answered correctly by a variety of people. The correct answer is John Paxson and he hit quite a big shot … Only two people correctly answered the question, Ross Goetz and Harold Fisher.
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
- W. Basketball. No. 6/5 Women's Hoops to Head West on Oregon Trail
- Football. Notre Dame-Navy: Five Things to Watch
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Celebrating Senior Day the best way we know how, on the field with our friends and family. #GoIrish https://t.co/ItoEJgeRWd 7 minutes ago
- That’ll do it from Notre Dame Stadium, where @NDFootball defeats Navy, 24-17! Next up, Stanford. #GoIrish https://t.co/9ytOGrfW8p 1 hour ago
- Proud to stand with our friends from the Naval Academy during their alma mater. Thank you, always, for your servic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Gold always looks best in the fourth quarter. #GoIrish https://t.co/vbQmCNfrOF 2 hours ago
- Wimbush to Stepherson x ✌️ @NDFootball takes the 24-17 lead with 11:49 left in the fourth quarter! Get to NBC!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago