Nov 12, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
Both of the men’s and the women’s basketball squads at Notre Dame are both currently 2-0 after the opening weekend of games.
Last night, the sixth-ranked women’s basketball squad played a top-20 matchup against #19 Michigan State. Led by 22 points and nine rebounds from Irish guard Jewell Loyd, the Irish took down the Spartans 81-62.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Football – Beyond The Box Score (LINK-Strong & True)
Statistical guru Brian Fremeau takes a look at turnovers in the red zone and how they can turn a game around. Click the link above to read more.
2. Football – Irish In The NFL – Week 10 (LINK-Strong & True)
A plethora of former Notre Dame football players suited up in the NFL last week, click the link above to see how your favorite players fared.
3. Men’s Basketball – Playing Through The Pain (LINK-In The Paint)
The men’s basketball team moved to 2-0 with a 80-49 win over the Stetson Hatters on Sunday afternoon. Click the link above to read more about the victory.
4. Women’s Basketball – Irish Rebounding Fuels Irish (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
The Irish tallied their first big win of the year, defeating #19 Michigan State 81-62 in front of the crowd at Purcell Pavilion. Click the link above to read more.
5. Men’s Swimming – Longtime Coach To Retire (LINK-UND.com)
Longtime men’s swimming coach Tim Welsh announced his retirement following the 2013-14 season. He will be replaced by associate head coach Matt Tallman. In a personal note, coach Welsh and coach Tallman have always been some of my favorite coaches to be around at the University since I began here as a summer worker back in 2008. Click the link above to read more.
. @PlanePat24 yeah. Because it NEVER snows in Massachusetts. Sheesh.
— Alan W. (@AlDogg44) November 12, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
With Indiana State coming to Purcell Pavilion to take on the Irish this Sunday, I thought it would be interesting to look at a past connection for these two teams. We go back to the 1979 Elite Eight matchup between the Irish and Michigan State (awesome music included). The Irish would fall to to the Spartans who would go on to face Indiana State in the final game that year.
With men’s soccer tonight…
Who holds the program record for goals scored in a season?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Wednesday’s T.I.F.I.
Tuesday’s question (Who was the last Notre Dame men’s basketball player to win an NBA title?) was answered correctly by a variety of people. The correct answer is John Paxson and he hit quite a big shot … Only two people correctly answered the question, Ross Goetz and Harold Fisher.
- W. Rowing. Irish Earn Final Berths At The NCAA Championship
- Track & Field. Richartz Secures Spot at NCAA Championships
- W. Rowing. Rowing Wraps Up Day One At NCAA Championship
- W. Lacrosse. Long Island Sound Draft Two Irish Alumnae
- Baseball. Irish Fall In Season Finale
- Track & Field. Irish Punch Ticket To Eugene
- Football. Football & The Force Charity Softball Game
- M. Tennis. Hagar Falls In NCAA Championship Second Round
- Track & Field. Harris Receives Academic All-District Honors
- W. Rowing. Rowing Ready For NCAA Championship
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @FightingIrish: Shoot for the Sky! @DallasWings Skylar Diggins-Smith holds @ndwbb career points record (2,357) On Thursday she scored… 2 hours ago
- Shoot for the Sky! @DallasWings Skylar Diggins-Smith holds @ndwbb career points record (2,357) On Thursday she sc… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- ND Headed to NCAA Championships! @NDXCTF qualifies for NCAA Track & Field Championships for the 26th straight year. und.com/sports/c-track… 10 hours ago
- 🚨 STANLEY CUP WATCH Thurs. @NDHockey & @Penguins defending Stanley Cup champs Bryan Rust & Ian Cole advanced to fi… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- ☘ Ready. Set. Row! Friday, @NDRowing returns to NCAA Championships for the 9th time in program history. INFO:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago