Nov 13, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
There was only one Irish athletic event on the docket yesterday as men’s soccer began ACC Championship play, and over the next two days the schedule is completely open for Irish student-athletes.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Men’s Soccer – One Is All It Takes (LINK-The Observer)
A season of firsts continues as the Notre Dame men’s soccer team downed Duke 1-0 in the quarterfinal round of the ACC Championship on Tuesday night at Alumni Stadium. This represents the first Irish team to gain berth into the semifinal round of an ACC Championship event. Click the link above to read more.
2. Football – Carlson/Rudolph Have Unique Bond (LINK-Star-Tribune)
Two NFL tight ends on the same team that went to the same college is unique. The bond these two have and how they got back together in Minnesota is a story in and of itself. Click the link above to read more.
3. Football – With BCS Out Of The Picture, Irish Remain Focused (LINK-Post-Tribune)
After the 28-21 loss to Pittsburgh last Saturday, the Irish football team knew their BCS dreams were shattered. Yet, this week the Irish got right back to work with conditioning and lifting as if it were any other week. Click the link above to read more.
4. Football – ND-Florida State Owns Legendary Status (LINK-South Bend Tribune/AP)
The 1993 contest between No. 1 Florida State and No. 2 Notre Dame was billed as another “game of the century” prior to the game, and it definitely lived up to that. Click the link above to read more.
As long as they bring back the NBA on NBC jingle as well, I am all for it!
— josh flynt (@jflyntnd518) November 13, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Not really sure where the Notre Dame connection comes in today except that probably 98% of current Notre Dame students have seen the movie Space Jam. I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to post this.
Let’s talk general Notre Dame athletics (one person with the correct will be selected for a prize)…
What Notre Dame coach (all genders/all sports) has the most wins in his or her career?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Thursday’s T.I.F.I.
Tuesday’s question (Who holds the program record for goals scored in a season?) was answered correctly by a variety of people. The correct answer is Kevin Lovejoy … Only one to get the correct answer was Patrick Sukow! Because of the lack of correct answers on that one, Patrick send me your address to AHorvat3@nd.edu and we will get something sent your way!
- Football. Tranquill Named Wuerffel Trophy Nominee
- M. Basketball. Coach Brey Press Conference - October 19, 2017
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Honor Seniors, Take On #15 Duke Friday
- W. Volleyball. Sunshine State Bound: The Irish Are Set To Play FSU And Miami This Weekend
- Swimming & Diving. Swimming & Diving Welcomes Georgia Tech on Friday
- W. Basketball. Irish Selected as ACC Preseason Favorites Once Again
- Football. Notre Dame-USC Preview: The Unrivaled Rivalry
- M. Lacrosse. NYC Networking Trip Up Next On Notre Dame Lacrosse Fall Experience
- M. Tennis. Irish Set To Compete At ITA Midwest Regional Championships
- W. Basketball. Trio to Represent Irish at ACC Media Day
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- It's never been more dramatic than it is today. On Saturday, @NDFootball & USC showdown for the Shillelagh Trophy… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- "I can't wait to send USC back to LA [...] with a big loss." Mayor @PeteButtigieg is ready for @NDFootball gameday… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- "Any time you get to play SC, especially at our place, it's a special game." Saturday, @NDFootball takes its shot.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- One team, one town -- gameday and every day. Thank you for your service, @SouthBendFire. #GoIrish #BeatTrojans https://t.co/d81wSlXXPu 3 hours ago
- Your weekend ✅list continues with four more stops off the beaten path @NotreDame. #GoIrish https://t.co/issrNnW2OA 4 hours ago