Nov 19, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
Junior defenseman Eric Johnson is continuing a bit of a legacy with Notre Dame hockey, but he’s making a name for himself as well. His older brother, Mike, played between the pipes for the Irish from 2009-13. Johnson is currently out on with an upper-body injury, but he won’t let it keep him out for long. While we’re waiting on his return, here’s the Two-Minute Power Play with Eric Johnson.
- If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “The Story of Mitch”
- If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? I would play golf.
- If you had a time machine, when would you go to? I would go back to the 80s and go to all those good 80s concerts.
- What’s your favorite thing about Coach Jackson? His honesty.
- If you could be anyone—real, fictional, dead, or alive—for a day, who would you be? Keith Urban.
- Do you have any superstitions? I have to drink a Mountain Dew before every hockey game.
- What’s your favorite song to listen to before games? “Roll With the Changes” by REO Speedwagon.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Carrie Underwood.
- Do you have any interesting talents? I can play guitar. I play a Seagull, and I play mostly country and acoustic. Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson.
- What is your favorite month of the year and why? December, because it’s Christmastime.
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Double Fudge Cookie Dough.
- Who is your hero? My mom.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would go to Australia to surf.
- What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? Rocket Power
- What’s the first item on your bucket list? Skydive.
- What surprises people most about you? That I got accepted into Notre Dame? I don’t know.
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received? Probably my guitar. I was 19 when I got it.
- What four people would you want to go golfing with? Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrell, Keith Urban, and Jeff Jackson.
- What do you think is the best thing since sliced bread? Mountain Dew would be mine.
- What is the weirdest piece of clothing that you own? I have a turtleneck Hawaiian shirt. Not sure how that happened, but it is one piece.
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Remain In The Hunt At OSU Fall Invite
- M. Ice Hockey. Morrison Tallies Overtime Winner As #4 Irish Down RPI 1-0
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- No. 8️⃣ @NDFootball took down Navy in the final home game of the 2017 season at Notre Dame Stadium. #GoIrish https://t.co/QQUR9IWSog 6 hours ago
- Celebrating Senior Day the best way we know how, on the field with our friends and family. #GoIrish https://t.co/ItoEJgeRWd 7 hours ago
- That’ll do it from Notre Dame Stadium, where @NDFootball defeats Navy, 24-17! Next up, Stanford. #GoIrish https://t.co/9ytOGrfW8p 9 hours ago
- Proud to stand with our friends from the Naval Academy during their alma mater. Thank you, always, for your servic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Gold always looks best in the fourth quarter. #GoIrish https://t.co/vbQmCNfrOF 9 hours ago