Nov 20, 2013, 10:11 AM EDT
The Irish athletics department is gearing up for the last home football game of the year as the Irish take on BYU this Saturday at 3:42 p.m. (ET).
Before the football team partakes in senior day, the volleyball squad welcomes Virginia Tech to Purcell Pavilion tonight for an ACC clash. The match starts at 7 p.m. (ET) on WatchND.tv.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Football – And In That Corner … BYU (LINK-NBCSports.com)
Keith Arnold of NBC Sports continues his previews of Irish opponents. This week, Arnold looks at the BYU Cougars. Click the link above to read more.
2. Hockey – Two-Minute Power Play With Eric Johnson (LINK-Irish UNDerground)
Anna Gonzalez of @JrNDBloggers sat down with Irish icer Eric Johnson for a quick two-minute interview. Click the link above to read his answers.
3. Basketball – Brey Explores Different Lineups (LINK-The Observer)
After a setback to Indiana State, Irish men’s basketball coach Mike Brey may take a look at different lineups to play in upcoming games. Click the link above to read more.
4. Football – ND’s Depth Could Get Boost After Bye (LINK-Post Tribune)
After a tough year on the injury front, the Irish football team has started to healthy after no game last week. Click the link above to see where the Irish depth chart stands.
5. Football – Notre Dame Football Notebook (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
Notre Dam beat writer Eric Hansen continues his weekly notebook, giving us all the needed information about the upcoming Irish game against BYU.
Tweet That Made Me Chuckle
I’ll let the tweet tell the story…
The Bilastrator selects 151. Bill Raftery selects 160. Twice. pic.twitter.com/V3y1UTUjM3
— Jay Bilas (@JayBilas) November 20, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Another edition of “Student. Athlete. Irish.” Is upon us as we look at Nick Besler of the Notre Dame men’s soccer team.
Let’s talk some Notre Dame football…
Name the six Irish football student-athletes who remain from the Charlie Weis era?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Friday’s T.I.F.I.
Tuesday’s question (What was the highest ranking the men’s soccer team achieved in the NCAA Championship and in what year?) was answered correctly by a host of people. The correct answer is the No.1 seed in 2012.
- Softball. Irish Strikeout Cancer With Arkansas
- W. Lacrosse. Fortunato Named Tewaaraton Award Nominee
- Track. Irish Conclude Day One of Penn Relays
- Baseball. Irish & Blue Devils Play A Pair Friday
- W. Tennis. Irish Fall To Clemson In Second Round Of ACC Championship
- M. Tennis. Irish Fall In 4-3 Heartbreaker To Louisville At ACC Championship
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Rally Not Enough Against Eagles
- M. Soccer. Irish Take Pitch For Annual Clash With Mexico On Friday
- Baseball. Duke Visits For Pivotal League Series
- W. Soccer. Irish Slated To Face Off With Mexico In Annual Spring Finale
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- That #FridayFeeling! ☀️ 15 Days Until Summer 🏈 120 Days Until College Football ☘ 127 Days Until Kickoff in ND Stad… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 48 minutes ago
- 🏈 #TBT to 2016 Ronnie Stanley & Will Fuller became @NDFootball's 65th & 66th 1st round NFL draft picks (3rd all-ti… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- ☘ 300 CLUB Congrats, @NDWomensLax goalie Sam Giacolone on her 300th career save during ACC Championships. Sam is… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 23 hours ago
- ⚾️ IRISH BLANK EASTERN MICHIGAN Matt Vierling scored 2 runs and 3 RBI in @NDBaseball's 5-0 victory. 📽 Highlights https://t.co/evwnYZL6H3 1 day ago
- On Sunday @JoshHagar & Eddy Covalschi beat the #1 NCAA doubles team. Thurs. they take on ACC Championship 2nd Roun… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago