Nov 20, 2013, 10:11 AM EDT
The Irish athletics department is gearing up for the last home football game of the year as the Irish take on BYU this Saturday at 3:42 p.m. (ET).
Before the football team partakes in senior day, the volleyball squad welcomes Virginia Tech to Purcell Pavilion tonight for an ACC clash. The match starts at 7 p.m. (ET) on WatchND.tv.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Football – And In That Corner … BYU (LINK-NBCSports.com)
Keith Arnold of NBC Sports continues his previews of Irish opponents. This week, Arnold looks at the BYU Cougars. Click the link above to read more.
2. Hockey – Two-Minute Power Play With Eric Johnson (LINK-Irish UNDerground)
Anna Gonzalez of @JrNDBloggers sat down with Irish icer Eric Johnson for a quick two-minute interview. Click the link above to read his answers.
3. Basketball – Brey Explores Different Lineups (LINK-The Observer)
After a setback to Indiana State, Irish men’s basketball coach Mike Brey may take a look at different lineups to play in upcoming games. Click the link above to read more.
4. Football – ND’s Depth Could Get Boost After Bye (LINK-Post Tribune)
After a tough year on the injury front, the Irish football team has started to healthy after no game last week. Click the link above to see where the Irish depth chart stands.
5. Football – Notre Dame Football Notebook (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
Notre Dam beat writer Eric Hansen continues his weekly notebook, giving us all the needed information about the upcoming Irish game against BYU.
Tweet That Made Me Chuckle
I’ll let the tweet tell the story…
The Bilastrator selects 151. Bill Raftery selects 160. Twice. pic.twitter.com/V3y1UTUjM3
— Jay Bilas (@JayBilas) November 20, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Another edition of “Student. Athlete. Irish.” Is upon us as we look at Nick Besler of the Notre Dame men’s soccer team.
Let’s talk some Notre Dame football…
Name the six Irish football student-athletes who remain from the Charlie Weis era?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Friday’s T.I.F.I.
Tuesday’s question (What was the highest ranking the men’s soccer team achieved in the NCAA Championship and in what year?) was answered correctly by a host of people. The correct answer is the No.1 seed in 2012.
- W. Volleyball. Irish Open Spring Slate Against Ball State On Saturday
- M. Lacrosse. #4 Notre Dame Ready To Face Buckeyes At Ohio Stadium
- Baseball. Notre Dame Opens ACC Home Slate
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Returns to West Coast for the Bighorn Invitational
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Off To Solid Start At NCAAs
- Football. Pro Day: Several Hours of Hushed Assessments
- Baseball. SCHEDULE CHANGE: Friday First Pitch at 5:05 p.m. ET
- Softball. Irish, UNC Clash In 2018 Melissa Cook Stadium Opener
- Fencing. Irish Tied For First After Day One At NCAA Championships
- W. Basketball. Irish Head West in Hopes of Spokane Regional Title
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Home sweet home! 🏠 @NDSoftball plays its home opener on Friday at 5 p.m. ET against ACC foe UNC. Get ready for the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- With 🔟 points on Day 2, No. 19 @NDSwimDive moves into the top 2️⃣5️⃣ at NCAA Championships! Read up on Zach Yeadon… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- "Top-seeded @NDHockey battles Michigan Tech in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament, Friday at 3 p.m. ET on ESPN… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- After Day ☝️ at NCAA Championships, @NDFencing is tied for the lead behind Amanda Sirico in epee and Elyssa Kleiner… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- The blades are sharpened, the matchup's set. It's tourney time. @NDHockey battles Michigan Tech in the first round… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago