WEDNESDAY’S T.I.F.I. – Irish In The NFL, Accolades For The Irish, Stanford Preview, Football Trivia & More!
Nov 27, 2013, 9:49 AM EDT
Heading into Thanksgiving (a day without T.I.F.I. by the way) we have some good news on the recognition front for a some Notre Dame student-athletes.
In addition to Pat Connaughton being named a “top-50 prospect” by the publication Perfect Game, a triumvirate of Notre Dame soccer student-athletes – Elizabeth Tucker (1st team), Harrison Shipp (1st team) and Patrick Hodan (3rd team) – received academic all-american honors.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Football – Irish In the NFL – Week 12 (LINK-Strong & True)
Want to know how your favorite former Notre Dame football players did last week in the NFL? Click the link above to find out.
2. Women’s Basketball – Second-Half Surge Leads To Win (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
The Notre Dame women’s basketball team welcomed DePaul to Purcell Pavilion for a top-25 clash. Ahead of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge and a trip to Canada to play Duquesne, the Irish took to the court one last time before Thanksgiving, click the link above to read more.
3. Football – And In That Corner … Stanford Cardinal (LINK-NBC Sports)
Keith Arnold, NBC’s Notre Dame blogger, gives us another look at this weekend’s opponent, the Stanford Cardinal. Click the link above to read more.
4. Football – Tough Gentlemen (LINK-Post-Tribune)
In yesterday’s press conference, Notre Dame football head coach Brian Kelly mentioned he wanted “tough gentlemen” on his team. Click the link above to read more.
5. Football – Bon Jovi On His Son (LINK-CSN Chicago)
Seeing your child be a part of collegiate athletics has to be an awe-inspiring moment for any parent, superstar Bon Jovi included. Click the link above to read more.
This didn’t as much make me laugh as it made me think about those driveway one-on-one sessions between the Grant brothers…
— josh flynt (@jflyntnd518) November 27, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Take a look back to when No. 1 Minnesota visited South Bend to play the Irish, if you didn’t hear it was a family affair…
Let’s talk football…
Notre Dame has sold out 237-straight football games at Notre Dame Stadium, and 285 of the past 286. What reason may have hurt Notre Dame’s ability to sell out that lone game against Air Force back in 1973?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Friday’s T.I.F.I.
Yesterday’s question asked, who was the last Notre Dame alum to win a major MLS award (MVP, Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year) prior to Dillon Powers being named 2013 MLS Rookie of the Year and what award did he win? The answer only required you to go back to last season when Matt Besler copped the MLS Defender of the Year award.
- W. Rowing. Championship Eight, Four Compete At Head Of The Charles
- W. Volleyball. Irish Stun Miami In Incredible 3-2 Comeback Victory
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In ITA Midwest Regional Quarterfinal
- Football. Replay: Trojans No Match for Physical Irish
- M. Golf. Irish to Compete in Final Fall Tournament
- W. Soccer. Irish Complete Sweep Through Florida With 2-1 Win Over Miami
- Football. Irish Bring Home Shillelagh in Emphatic 49-14 Win
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Advances At ITA Midwest Regional Championships
- Football. Championship Road Runs Through South Bend
- W. Rowing. Club Four Finishes Eighth At Head Of The Charles
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- "We knew we had to out-execute these guys." Daelin Hayes knew what had to be done to secure @NDFootball's victory… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Bright lights, big stage, all Irish. No. 1️⃣3️⃣ @NDFootball downed No. 1️⃣1️⃣ USC under the lights at Notre Dame S… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- No. 1️⃣3️⃣ @NDFootball's win vs. USC is the largest win against a top-20 team since 1992. #GoIrish und.com/sports/m-footb… 4 hours ago
- Junior @NDMensTennis player Alex Lebedev advanced at the ITA Midwest Regional Championships. #GoIrish und.com/sports/m-tenni… 6 hours ago
- The Irish look for their third win in the last four matches as @NDSoccer takes on Miami. #GoIrish und.com/sports/w-socce… 7 hours ago