WEDNESDAY’S T.I.F.I. – Irish In The NFL, Accolades For The Irish, Stanford Preview, Football Trivia & More!
Nov 27, 2013, 9:49 AM EDT
Heading into Thanksgiving (a day without T.I.F.I. by the way) we have some good news on the recognition front for a some Notre Dame student-athletes.
In addition to Pat Connaughton being named a “top-50 prospect” by the publication Perfect Game, a triumvirate of Notre Dame soccer student-athletes – Elizabeth Tucker (1st team), Harrison Shipp (1st team) and Patrick Hodan (3rd team) – received academic all-american honors.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Football – Irish In the NFL – Week 12 (LINK-Strong & True)
Want to know how your favorite former Notre Dame football players did last week in the NFL? Click the link above to find out.
2. Women’s Basketball – Second-Half Surge Leads To Win (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
The Notre Dame women’s basketball team welcomed DePaul to Purcell Pavilion for a top-25 clash. Ahead of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge and a trip to Canada to play Duquesne, the Irish took to the court one last time before Thanksgiving, click the link above to read more.
3. Football – And In That Corner … Stanford Cardinal (LINK-NBC Sports)
Keith Arnold, NBC’s Notre Dame blogger, gives us another look at this weekend’s opponent, the Stanford Cardinal. Click the link above to read more.
4. Football – Tough Gentlemen (LINK-Post-Tribune)
In yesterday’s press conference, Notre Dame football head coach Brian Kelly mentioned he wanted “tough gentlemen” on his team. Click the link above to read more.
5. Football – Bon Jovi On His Son (LINK-CSN Chicago)
Seeing your child be a part of collegiate athletics has to be an awe-inspiring moment for any parent, superstar Bon Jovi included. Click the link above to read more.
This didn’t as much make me laugh as it made me think about those driveway one-on-one sessions between the Grant brothers…
— josh flynt (@jflyntnd518) November 27, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Take a look back to when No. 1 Minnesota visited South Bend to play the Irish, if you didn’t hear it was a family affair…
Let’s talk football…
Notre Dame has sold out 237-straight football games at Notre Dame Stadium, and 285 of the past 286. What reason may have hurt Notre Dame’s ability to sell out that lone game against Air Force back in 1973?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Friday’s T.I.F.I.
Yesterday’s question asked, who was the last Notre Dame alum to win a major MLS award (MVP, Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year) prior to Dillon Powers being named 2013 MLS Rookie of the Year and what award did he win? The answer only required you to go back to last season when Matt Besler copped the MLS Defender of the Year award.
- Softball. Limited Availability Remains For Softball Academies
- M. Soccer. Keys To The Game: Maryland
- W. Soccer. What To Watch For: Santa Clara
- Football. Day, Farley, Martin, Schmidt and Smith Selected As 2015 Football Captains
- Monogram Club. Mike Sprouse ('96, Tennis) Named ITA Chief Administrative And Marketing Officer
- M. Soccer. Irish Ready To Defend ACC Crown
- M. Tennis. Sprouse Name ITA Chief Administrative and Marketing Officer
- M. Tennis. Four Headed To Oracle/ITA Masters
- General News. Australia National Rugby Team to Train at Notre Dame
- M. Ice Hockey. Fogarty Named Hockey Team Captain For Second Consecutive Season
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.