Dec 2, 2013, 8:14 AM EST
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
If you looked at sophomore Thomas DiPauli‘s background, you probably wouldn’t expect that he played hockey – or to be as good at it as he is. The Irish left winger was born in Caldaro, Italy and moved stateside when he was 12 to play hockey in Chicago. From Italy to Illinois and now Indiana; DiPauli is bringing his diverse hockey experience (and an Italian flag) to the Compton Family Ice Arena.
Here’s the Two-Minute Power Play with Thomas DiPauli…
If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “The Story of Sketchy Dips.”
If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Soccer—forward.
If you had a time machine, when would you go to? Time of the dinosaurs, because I love dinosaurs.
Who would play you in your biopic? Vinnie Hinostroza
What’s your favorite meal? Any kind of seafood.
If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be? I’d wanna be Thor.
What would be the perfect day for you? A day out on the beach with my brother and my best friends fishing and having a good time.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? Buy a boat with my brother and go fishing all day, and travel around on fishing trips.
Do you have any superstitions? A lot, but I don’t talk about them.
Who is your celebrity crush? Jessica Alba. And Thor.
Favorite month of the year? April. It’s my birthday and spring starts. I love spring. But I also like July because it’s really warm out.
What’s your favorite movie? There are so many good ones. I like “Iron Man 3.” “Life of Pi.” “How To Train Your Dragon.” I think that’s good.
What is your guilty pleasure song or band? I like “We Can’t Stop.” I like it a lot, actually.
What four people would you want to go golfing with? Sidney Crosby, Jesus, my brother, and Wayne Gretzky.
What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? “Spongebob.” Actually, my favorite was “The PowerPuff Girls.” It’s such a good show!
Would you rather be Jack Swarbrick or Fr. Jenkins for a day? Fr. Jenkins, because it seems like a cool thing to be in charge of the whole university.
What do you miss most about home? My mom and dad’s cooking and family dinners.
What is your favorite place in the entire world? I’ve got two. The rink, obviously. And being out on boat fishing in the Gulf of Mexico.
What is the best gift you’ve ever received? When I was 10, I got this wooden Silver Easton hockey stick for Christmas, and I thought it was the coolest thing because no one else had one. But then it broke. It sucked.
What do you think is the best thing since sliced bread? A good, crunchy apple. Wait, no, let’s make this funny. Self-tanner, gym memberships, techno music and fist pumping. And tats.
- W. Soccer. Romagnolo Announces Resignation as Irish Women’s Soccer Coach
- W. Basketball. Ogunbowale Named ACC Player of the Week
- M. Lacrosse. Men's Lacrosse Announces Two Preseason Exhibitions
- W. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Combine Veteran Experience With Young Talent
- Baseball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- Softball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- M. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Wins Over Kentucky, Cleveland State
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame's 16-Game Winning Streak Ends Against Wisconsin
- Fencing. Irish Close Out Weekend With Wins In Philly
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Cruise Past Clemson, 90-37
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- At Notre Dame, head coach Theresa Romagnolo stressed the importance of the #NDFamily. We now wish her well as she… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- No. 1️⃣ @NDHockey No. 1️⃣ @NDFencing No. 5️⃣ @ndwbb Three Irish teams with top-🖐 rankings = plenty of reasons to l… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Life comes at you fast. But sometimes, @NDFootball's Te'von Coney comes at you faster. #GoIrish https://t.co/UdpGzTqlHG 4 hours ago
- After No. 5 @ndwbb earned its largest ACC win in program history, @NDSportsBlogger caught up with Kat Westbeld, who… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Junior Alex Lebedev moved to 4-0 in his career at No. 1 singles as @NDMensTennis downed Kentucky and Cleveland Stat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago