TUESDAY’S T.I.F.I. – B1G/ACC Challenge, McCaffery’s Irish Ties, Tate’s Talking, ND/NFL Trivia Question & More!
Dec 3, 2013, 9:33 AM EST
Tonight is a big night for the men’s basketball squad at Notre Dame as they partake in their first B1G/ACC Challenge.
The Irish are slated to tip-off with No. 23 Iowa in Carver-Hawkeye Arena at 9:15 p.m. (ET) on ESPN2.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Men’s Basketball – McCaffery’s Irish Ties (LINK-Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier)
After serving as an assistant coach with the Irish for 11 seasons (1988-99), McCaffery went on to successful stints as head coach at two schools (UNC-Greensboro, Siena) before finding his present position at Iowa in the Big Ten Conference. Click the link above to read more about McCaffery’s time at Notre Dame.
2. Football – Bright Days Ahead For Irish (LINK-UHND.com)
There may be no moral victories in college football, but that doesn’t mean we can’t look at the bright spots in the game. The guys at UHND did and will us in with what they say at the link above.
3. Men’s Basketball – Irish Have Something To Prove (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
Tom Noie, the Notre Dame men’s basketball beat writer for the South Bend Tribune, looks at how the Irish have fared so far this season and how Coach Brey’s rotation may change as the season progresses. Click the link above to read more.
4. Football – What USC’s Hire Means For ND (LINK-NBC Sports)
The University of Southern California is one of the biggest rivals that the Irish football team has on the gridiron. After a tumultuous season, the Trojans have finally settled on former USC offensive coordinator and Washington head coach Steve Sarkisian as it’s head man. Click the link above to read more.
5. Men’s Basketball – Spitting Out The Big Red (LINK-In The Paint)
The Irish moved to 5-1 on the season heading into the B1G/ACC Challenge tonight after a big win over Cornell on Sunday. Anna Gonzalez of @JrNDBloggers was there to cover the game. Click the link above to read more.
Tweet That Made Me Chuckle
Yeah … about that …
Hahahaha Golden sayin what up to the cheerleader. Some things never change.
— John Goodman (@jgoodman81) December 3, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
To get ready for tonight’s B1G/ACC Challenge game, take a look at last year’s 30-minute special on the men’s basketball team that was aired on NBC Sports Network …
Let’s talk football…
(One correct answer will be selected to receive a special prize pack)
Golden Tate and Michael Floyd are both in the top-35 among wide receivers in the NFL for receiving yardage this season. There are four other schools that can lay claim to having two former student-athletes on that list, name them?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Wednesday’s T.I.F.I.
Yesterday’s question, what was unique about how both Eric Atkins and Jerian Grant reach 1,000 career points at Notre Dame, was answered correctly by only one person. Both players reached 1,000 points at the charity stripe, hitting a free throw.
- M. Basketball. Irish Suffer First Conference Defeat at No. 10 Florida State
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Aims to Bounce Back at Boston College
- Monogram Club. Monogram Club Partners With Bread Of Life/Lou's Lads Food Drive
- M. Soccer. Irish In The Pros: Recapping The 2016 Season
- W. Tennis. Season In Preview: Irish Veterans And Rookies Poised To Make Impact
- W. Basketball. Irish Recruit Patterson Named McDonald's All-American
- M. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Look For Perfect Combination Of Youth And Experience
- M. Basketball. SI Now - Why Is Notre Dame Underappreciated?
- General News. Torain Joins Athletics Department As Associate Athletics Director
- W. Basketball. Irish Fall in Final Minute at Tennessee
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- A 4th grade class from California wished to see their dream college. Wish granted! See their trip to @NotreDame. https://t.co/nR7lK5ONvG 11 hours ago
- FIGHTING IRISH vs. SEMINOLES @accmbb Showdown. @NDmbb: #1 in the ACC Florida State: #3 in the ACC ⏰7pm 💻… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- Commit to @NDFootball✔️ 1st Day of College✔️ Follow early enrollee Aaron Banks to his 1st ND class & see who he ra… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- RT @NDFootball: WATCH:A group of California 4th-graders head to Notre Dame to experience firsthand the University to which they've pledged… 1 day ago
- Who is V.J. Beachem's role model? His favorite NBA player? Find out on Inside @NDmbb. 📺 UND.com/breytvshow https://t.co/4mzC9yW6Uo 1 day ago