Dec 4, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
A great night of basketball last night as the B1G/ACC Challenge got underway. The Irish were welcomed to Carver-Hawkeye Arena to play No. 23 Iowa and the game was a hectic affair, one in which the Irish lost 98-93.
Tonight the women’s basketball squad tries their hand at the Challenge, facing off against former Irish student-athlete and assistant coach Coquese Washington. Washington is the current head coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions, Notre Dame’s opponent from the Big Ten Conference. Tonight’s game begins at 7:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on the Big Ten Network.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Football – Irish In The NFL – Week 13 (LINK-Strong & True)
Check out how your favorite Notre Dame football alums are doing in the NFL in this week’s “Irish In The NFL.” Click the link above to learn more.
2. Football – Martin To Bring Winning Ways To Miami (LINK-News-Sentinel)
Former Irish offensive coordinator Chuck Martin accepted the head coaching position at Miami (OH) yesterday after a four-year stint at Notre Dame. Click the link above to learn more
3. Men’s Basketball – Iowa Holds Off Irish (LINK-USA Today)
The Irish had their first taste of the B1G/ACC Challenge last night as they traveled to Iowa to take on the Hawkeyes. Click the link above to read more.
4. Football – Irish Seek Flexibility (LINK-ESPN)
Over the next few years the Irish will be required to play five games per season against ACC members during their regular season football slate. Click the link above to learn more about possible scheduling in the coming years.
5. Baseball – Irish Around The League (LINK-UND.com)
In looking around the professional baseball ranks, it would be hard to miss some of the impressive 2013 performances by former University of Notre Dame standouts. Four players competed at the Major League level while 10 others were busy cutting their teeth in the minors between Class A and AA. To read more, click the link above.
All they watch in Iowa is Field of Dreams
Over heard by Iowa students – “Rudy sucks! Rudy sucks!” Guy 1 – “Never saw that movie .” Guy 2 – “me neither, sure it sucks though.”
— Alan W. (@AlDogg44) December 4, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Natalie Achonwa had the unique opportunity to go back home to Canada to play an NCAA-sanctioned game in front of her home crowd. Take a look at how it went …
Let’s talk hoops…
After Garrick Sherman’s 29-point effort last night I started thinking about this … who was the last Irish men’s basketball player to score 30 points in a game (kind of a trick question)?
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Thursday’s T.I.F.I.
Yesterday’s question, Golden Tate and Michael Floyd are both in the top-35 among wide receivers in the NFL for receiving yardage. There are four other schools that can lay claim to having two former student-athletes on that list, was answered correctly by a few people. The answer is Georgia Tech, Baylor, Cal and … Mount Union. Ross Goetz wins the prize!
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Hand Buckeyes First Defeat Of Season In 12-7 Victory
- W. Rowing. Irish Compete At Longhorn Invitational
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Prepared to Battle Syracuse on the Road
- Baseball. Irish Fall In 13 Innings To No. 13 FSU
- Softball. Irish Execute Excellently In Twin Bill Sweep Of Virginia Tech
- Track. Meunier, Irish Wrap Day One of Raleigh Relays
- W. Basketball. Irish Elite in Historic Victory Over Buckeyes
- Swimming & Diving. No. 19 Notre Dame Has Solid Third Day at Men's Swimming and Diving at NCAA Championships
- W. Tennis. Irish Rally Comes Up Short In Conference Dual Against Wolfpack
- Football. Rocket Ismail: He’s Lived and Learned
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.