MONDAY’S T.I.F.I. – Talkin’ Irish Soccer/Golf Alums, Pinstripe Bowl, Men’s Hoops, Dancing In December & More!
Dec 9, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
A historic weekend of Notre Dame athletics has just been completed with the Irish grabbing a plethora of victories on the playing field.
Aside from the Irish accepting a bowl bid to play in the Pinstripe Bowl in New York City, the men’s soccer team captured their first College Cup semifinal berth, Matt Besler (Irish soccer alum) won the MLS Cup with Sporting KC in penalty kicks over Real Salt Lake and Max Scodro (Irish golf alum) finished in tie for 15th in the final PGA-LA event of the season.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Football – Pinstripe Bowl Bound (LINK-Journal Gazette)
The Irish have now officially been invited to four-straight bowl games after accepting the offer from the Pinstripe Bowl to play on Dec. 28. Click the link above to learn more.
2. Men’s Soccer – Dancing In December (LINK-Soccer America)
The Irish men’s soccer team has already made program history, now they’re looking to make national waves. Registering their first College Cup semifinal berth, the men’s soccer squad now turns their sights to Philadelphia and New Mexico. Click the link above to learn more
3. Men’s Basketball – The Complete Game (LINK-In The Paint)
Pat Connaughton tallied his second double-double of the season on Saturday night in a 80-75 win over Delaware. Click the link above to read more.
4. Women’s Basketball – Irish Women Rout UCLA (LINK-The Seattle Times)
Welcoming UCLA to Purcell Pavilion on Saturday was supposed to challenge the Irish a bit before the ACC slate begins in a few weeks. Click the link above to read about the game.
5. Swimming – Irish Dominate In Iowa (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
The Irish swim teams travelled to Iowa to take part in the Hawkeye Invitational, coming back with two titles. To read more, click the link above.
… to be young again …
— Ryan Grooms (@NDFBEquipment) December 8, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Watch the highlights of Saturday night’s historic win for the Irish men’s soccer team …
Let’s talk men’s soccer…
Matt Besler has had a pretty good year. Name the two trophies and two MLS honors he has garnered this season.
You will find the answer to today’s trivia question in Tuesday’s T.I.F.I.
Yesterday’s question, After Garrick Sherman’s 29-point effort last night I started thinking about this … who was the last Irish men’s basketball player to score 30 points in a game (kind of a trick question), was answered correctly by a few people. The answer was February 28, 2011 and Tim Abromaitis and Ben Hansbrough both tallied 30 points.
- W. Soccer. Irish Set to Battle #4 Duke
- Football. Notre Dame-Michigan State Preview: Reminisce Then Rally
- M. Soccer. #1 Irish Break Competitive Bowling Green Spirit In 2-1 Win
- W. Volleyball. Five Favorite Photos Of The Week
- M. Golf. NCAA Connection Takes Irish Golfer to Haiti
- M. Ice Hockey. Evans To Captain Irish In 2017-18
- Football. Megaphone On The Line For Irish & Spartans
- W. Soccer. Jacobs Nets ACC Player of the Week Honor
- M. Soccer. #2 Irish And #19 Bowling Green Meet Tuesday At Alumni Stadium
- W. Volleyball. Fry Named ACC Volleyball Player Of The Week
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NCAA: Connection made at college golf event leads Notre Dame junior Miguel Delgado to volunteer trip in Haiti: ntrda.me/2ydiHpi… 18 hours ago
- ☝️#1 @NDMenSoccer took on Bowling Green in a midweek tussle & stayed undefeated (6-0-0) with a 2-1 victory.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Have 60 seconds? Then see the @NDSportsBlogger review the weekend in ND sports with highlights from @NDMenSoccer, @NDVo… 1 day ago
- LIGHT UP #1!!!! After a 5-0-0 start, @NDMenSoccer has ascended to #1 in the @UnitedCoaches Men's NCAA Soccer Poll!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Go INSIDE the locker room as @NDfootball dominated BC, 49-20, racking up 600+ yards of offense in the process.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago