Dec 18, 2013, 10:11 AM EST
After winning the program’s first national title on Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia, the men’s soccer program continued their trophy haul on Tuesday as head coach Bobby Clark was honored with the NSCAA Coach of the Year Award.
Due to final exam week, there are no events at Notre Dame until the men’s basketball team returns to the court on Saturday, but that doesn’t mean we are without news coming from underneath the Golden Dome.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Men’s Soccer – Clark Cops Coach of Year Award (LINK-Evening Express)
Ex-Aberdeen footballer and current Irish men’s soccer head coach Bobby Clark was honored with the NSCAA Coach of the Year award yesterday. Click the link above to learn more.
2. Football – Q&A With Coach Martin (LINK-ESPN.com)
Former Irish offensive coordinator Chuck Martin was recently named the head football coach at Miami (Ohio). ESPN.com’s Matt Fortuna had the chance to catch up with Coach Martin. Click the link above to learn more.
3. Hockey – Hockey’s Frozen Fenway Sweaters (LINK-UND.com)
When the Irish lace up the skates on January 4th at Fenway Park, they will be wearing a different set of uniforms for the first time. Click the link above to read more.
4. Men’s Basketball – Big Win At Bankers (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
The Irish men’s basketball team downed in-state rival Indiana at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Saturday. How big was the win for the Irish? Click the link above to learn more.
5. Hockey – 2013 Mo-Wards (LINK-Irish UNDerground)
After a successful Movember campaign for the Irish hockey team led by senior defenseman Stephen Johns, Anna Gonzalez handed out the first Mo-Wards. Click the link above to read more.
One of the many reasons why Coach Kubinski is a great follow on Twitter…
First & last "selfie." Let's keep raising $ to fight Cancer with Decembeard. Note leather bound books too! pic.twitter.com/wuN1ZgSjge
— Jim Kubinski (@NDcoachKubinski) December 18, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
The Irish are getting ready for their first New Era Pinstripe Bowl. Watch yesterday’s practice report to see how things are progressing.
Let’s talk football …
Who was the last Irish coach to win two bowl games in their tenure at Notre Dame?
You will find this answer in tomorrow’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
YESTERDAY’S QUESTION: What presumptive “first” did the Besler brothers (Nick and Matt) accomplish this year? ANSWER: Matt won the MLS Cup with Sporting KC and the CONCACAF Gold Cup with the United States Men’s National Team while Nick won the NCAA Championship as a member of the Fighting Irish.
- W. Tennis. Irish Breeze To 7-0 Season-Opening Victory Over Broncos
- M. Tennis. Lebedev, Howells Sweep ACC Weekly Honors
- Swimming & Diving. Coumos Earns Second ACC Diving Citation Of Season
- Football. Jeff Quinn Named Notre Dame Offensive Line Coach
- Softball. #NDSB30 Top Five: 2000s
- W. Soccer. Romagnolo Announces Resignation as Irish Women’s Soccer Coach
- W. Basketball. Ogunbowale Named ACC Player of the Week
- M. Lacrosse. Men's Lacrosse Announces Two Preseason Exhibitions
- W. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Combine Veteran Experience With Young Talent
- Baseball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Get ready for @NDWomensTennis' 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣8️⃣ campaign by catching up on all you need to know before the Irish hit th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Go behind-the-scenes with all things Fighting Irish Media and learn how the pros of @NDFIM tell the best stories of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- After coaching 1️⃣2️⃣ @NFL linemen, Jeff Quinn has been named @NDFootball's Offensive Line coach. Congratulations,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- Before @NDSoftball's 30th season kicks off on February 9, take a look 👀 back at the best Irish moments of the 2000s… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Who do you think is this week’s @tire_rack Student-Athlete of the Week? Vote now! #GoIrish 15 hours ago