Dec 18, 2013, 10:11 AM EST
After winning the program’s first national title on Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia, the men’s soccer program continued their trophy haul on Tuesday as head coach Bobby Clark was honored with the NSCAA Coach of the Year Award.
Due to final exam week, there are no events at Notre Dame until the men’s basketball team returns to the court on Saturday, but that doesn’t mean we are without news coming from underneath the Golden Dome.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Men’s Soccer – Clark Cops Coach of Year Award (LINK-Evening Express)
Ex-Aberdeen footballer and current Irish men’s soccer head coach Bobby Clark was honored with the NSCAA Coach of the Year award yesterday. Click the link above to learn more.
2. Football – Q&A With Coach Martin (LINK-ESPN.com)
Former Irish offensive coordinator Chuck Martin was recently named the head football coach at Miami (Ohio). ESPN.com’s Matt Fortuna had the chance to catch up with Coach Martin. Click the link above to learn more.
3. Hockey – Hockey’s Frozen Fenway Sweaters (LINK-UND.com)
When the Irish lace up the skates on January 4th at Fenway Park, they will be wearing a different set of uniforms for the first time. Click the link above to read more.
4. Men’s Basketball – Big Win At Bankers (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
The Irish men’s basketball team downed in-state rival Indiana at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Saturday. How big was the win for the Irish? Click the link above to learn more.
5. Hockey – 2013 Mo-Wards (LINK-Irish UNDerground)
After a successful Movember campaign for the Irish hockey team led by senior defenseman Stephen Johns, Anna Gonzalez handed out the first Mo-Wards. Click the link above to read more.
One of the many reasons why Coach Kubinski is a great follow on Twitter…
First & last "selfie." Let's keep raising $ to fight Cancer with Decembeard. Note leather bound books too! pic.twitter.com/wuN1ZgSjge
— Jim Kubinski (@NDcoachKubinski) December 18, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
The Irish are getting ready for their first New Era Pinstripe Bowl. Watch yesterday’s practice report to see how things are progressing.
Let’s talk football …
Who was the last Irish coach to win two bowl games in their tenure at Notre Dame?
You will find this answer in tomorrow’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
YESTERDAY’S QUESTION: What presumptive “first” did the Besler brothers (Nick and Matt) accomplish this year? ANSWER: Matt won the MLS Cup with Sporting KC and the CONCACAF Gold Cup with the United States Men’s National Team while Nick won the NCAA Championship as a member of the Fighting Irish.
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
- W. Basketball. No. 6/5 Women's Hoops to Head West on Oregon Trail
- Football. Notre Dame-Navy: Five Things to Watch
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.