THURSDAY’S T.I.F.I. – NDFB Schedule, Sherman’s Growth, Sheahan To The Wings, Another Day Of Regis & More
Dec 20, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
Today is the day many people around Notre Dame football have been waiting for, the release of the 2014 (and beyond) schedule. A ton of different teams will make their way to South Bend and the Irish will get to see some cities they haven’t been in for a long time.
Nonetheless, be on the lookout at 11 a.m. (ET) to watch Jack Swarbrick’s press conference on WatchND.tv and my schedule release post on Strong & True (the official Notre Dame football blog).
Now, what did we miss…
1. Men’s Basketball – Sherman Emerging As Main Man (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The biggest surprise during this men’s basketball season has to be the stellar post play of Garrick Sherman. Click the link above to learn more.
2. Football – Football Schedules Released Friday (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The Irish faithful will know what is in front of them for the next three years later this morning. Click the link above to learn more.
3. Football – Rutgers Expectations Of ND (LINK-NJ.com)
When Rutgers accepted the position to play the Irish in the Pinstripe Bowl, they knew they would have their hands full with the Irish offense. Click the link above to read more.
4. Hockey – Sheahan Called Up To Red Wings (LINK-Detroit Free Press)
Former Notre Dame Hockey student-athlete Riley Sheahan was recently called up from his minor league post with the Grand Rapids Griffons to the NHL’s Detroit Red Wings. Click the link above to read more.
5. Women’s Basketball – McGraw Added To Another Hall (LINK-UND.com)
The head women’s basketball coach Muffet McGraw to be inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. Click the link above to read more.
I can’t believe I let the cat out of the bag! I am so getting fired …
— Jude (@andrewwinn) December 20, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Another day of Regis! This time he tries to congratulate the men’s soccer team on winning the national title … tries. (1:33 mark)
Let’s talk football …
When was the last time the Irish played a football game in New York not in a baseball stadium?
You will find this answer in tomorrow’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
YESTERDAY’S QUESTION: When was the last time the Irish football squad beat a top-five team? And who was it? ANSWER: 2005. The Irish beat No. 3 Michigan 17-10 as the Irish moved to 2-0 in the first season as head coach for Charlie Weis.
- W. Rowing. O'Tighearnaigh Named Honorable Mention All-American
- Football. Irish Trio Named To Bednarik,Maxwell Watch Lists
- Football. Single-Game Irish Football Tickets Available
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Skaters Participate In NHL Development Camps
- Swimming & Diving. Litzinger To Coach In Inaugural ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- W. Soccer. Flores Signs Two-Year Deal with Valencia CF
- Fencing. Kvaratskhelia Named USFCA Coach of the Year
- M. Soccer. Irish Men's Soccer Holding School Supply Drive
- Track & Field. Sunday Brunch: Hoosier Hoops Helped Prepare Sparks for Head Coaching Role
- Track & Field. Sparks Promoted to Irish Head Track and Field and Cross Country Coach
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- We know who we're voting for! 👇 👀 @NDmbb #GoIrish twitter.com/marchmadness/s… 1 hour ago
- ☘️ @NDFootball's Nic Weishar has been nominated for the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team. Meet Nic and his family as… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- Those #NDFamily vibes are strong! 💪 You heard @NDFootball! Vote @ndwbb for Best Play at the @ESPYS! VOTE 👉… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- What year did @NDFootball squad travel to Baltimore for its first game against the @NavyFB? #TriviaTuesday #GoIrish 18 hours ago
- On #WorldEmojiDay, tell us about your Irish fandom in emojis! ☘️💚 #GoIrish https://t.co/OZM5gWXex4 22 hours ago