THURSDAY’S T.I.F.I. – NDFB Schedule, Sherman’s Growth, Sheahan To The Wings, Another Day Of Regis & More
Dec 20, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
Today is the day many people around Notre Dame football have been waiting for, the release of the 2014 (and beyond) schedule. A ton of different teams will make their way to South Bend and the Irish will get to see some cities they haven’t been in for a long time.
Nonetheless, be on the lookout at 11 a.m. (ET) to watch Jack Swarbrick’s press conference on WatchND.tv and my schedule release post on Strong & True (the official Notre Dame football blog).
Now, what did we miss…
1. Men’s Basketball – Sherman Emerging As Main Man (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The biggest surprise during this men’s basketball season has to be the stellar post play of Garrick Sherman. Click the link above to learn more.
2. Football – Football Schedules Released Friday (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The Irish faithful will know what is in front of them for the next three years later this morning. Click the link above to learn more.
3. Football – Rutgers Expectations Of ND (LINK-NJ.com)
When Rutgers accepted the position to play the Irish in the Pinstripe Bowl, they knew they would have their hands full with the Irish offense. Click the link above to read more.
4. Hockey – Sheahan Called Up To Red Wings (LINK-Detroit Free Press)
Former Notre Dame Hockey student-athlete Riley Sheahan was recently called up from his minor league post with the Grand Rapids Griffons to the NHL’s Detroit Red Wings. Click the link above to read more.
5. Women’s Basketball – McGraw Added To Another Hall (LINK-UND.com)
The head women’s basketball coach Muffet McGraw to be inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. Click the link above to read more.
I can’t believe I let the cat out of the bag! I am so getting fired …
— Jude (@andrewwinn) December 20, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Another day of Regis! This time he tries to congratulate the men’s soccer team on winning the national title … tries. (1:33 mark)
Let’s talk football …
When was the last time the Irish played a football game in New York not in a baseball stadium?
You will find this answer in tomorrow’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
YESTERDAY’S QUESTION: When was the last time the Irish football squad beat a top-five team? And who was it? ANSWER: 2005. The Irish beat No. 3 Michigan 17-10 as the Irish moved to 2-0 in the first season as head coach for Charlie Weis.
- W. Soccer. Irish Set to Battle #4 Duke
- Football. Notre Dame-Michigan State Preview: Reminisce Then Rally
- M. Soccer. #1 Irish Break Competitive Bowling Green Spirit In 2-1 Win
- W. Volleyball. Five Favorite Photos Of The Week
- M. Golf. NCAA Connection Takes Irish Golfer to Haiti
- M. Ice Hockey. Evans To Captain Irish In 2017-18
- Football. Megaphone On The Line For Irish & Spartans
- W. Soccer. Jacobs Nets ACC Player of the Week Honor
- M. Soccer. #2 Irish And #19 Bowling Green Meet Tuesday At Alumni Stadium
- W. Volleyball. Fry Named ACC Volleyball Player Of The Week
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NCAA: Connection made at college golf event leads Notre Dame junior Miguel Delgado to volunteer trip in Haiti: ntrda.me/2ydiHpi… 18 hours ago
- ☝️#1 @NDMenSoccer took on Bowling Green in a midweek tussle & stayed undefeated (6-0-0) with a 2-1 victory.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Have 60 seconds? Then see the @NDSportsBlogger review the weekend in ND sports with highlights from @NDMenSoccer, @NDVo… 1 day ago
- LIGHT UP #1!!!! After a 5-0-0 start, @NDMenSoccer has ascended to #1 in the @UnitedCoaches Men's NCAA Soccer Poll!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Go INSIDE the locker room as @NDfootball dominated BC, 49-20, racking up 600+ yards of offense in the process.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago