THURSDAY’S T.I.F.I. – NDFB Schedule, Sherman’s Growth, Sheahan To The Wings, Another Day Of Regis & More
Dec 20, 2013, 9:52 AM EST
Today is the day many people around Notre Dame football have been waiting for, the release of the 2014 (and beyond) schedule. A ton of different teams will make their way to South Bend and the Irish will get to see some cities they haven’t been in for a long time.
Nonetheless, be on the lookout at 11 a.m. (ET) to watch Jack Swarbrick’s press conference on WatchND.tv and my schedule release post on Strong & True (the official Notre Dame football blog).
Now, what did we miss…
1. Men’s Basketball – Sherman Emerging As Main Man (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The biggest surprise during this men’s basketball season has to be the stellar post play of Garrick Sherman. Click the link above to learn more.
2. Football – Football Schedules Released Friday (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The Irish faithful will know what is in front of them for the next three years later this morning. Click the link above to learn more.
3. Football – Rutgers Expectations Of ND (LINK-NJ.com)
When Rutgers accepted the position to play the Irish in the Pinstripe Bowl, they knew they would have their hands full with the Irish offense. Click the link above to read more.
4. Hockey – Sheahan Called Up To Red Wings (LINK-Detroit Free Press)
Former Notre Dame Hockey student-athlete Riley Sheahan was recently called up from his minor league post with the Grand Rapids Griffons to the NHL’s Detroit Red Wings. Click the link above to read more.
5. Women’s Basketball – McGraw Added To Another Hall (LINK-UND.com)
The head women’s basketball coach Muffet McGraw to be inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. Click the link above to read more.
I can’t believe I let the cat out of the bag! I am so getting fired …
— Jude (@andrewwinn) December 20, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Another day of Regis! This time he tries to congratulate the men’s soccer team on winning the national title … tries. (1:33 mark)
Let’s talk football …
When was the last time the Irish played a football game in New York not in a baseball stadium?
You will find this answer in tomorrow’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
YESTERDAY’S QUESTION: When was the last time the Irish football squad beat a top-five team? And who was it? ANSWER: 2005. The Irish beat No. 3 Michigan 17-10 as the Irish moved to 2-0 in the first season as head coach for Charlie Weis.
- W. Tennis. Irish Breeze To 7-0 Season-Opening Victory Over Broncos
- M. Tennis. Lebedev, Howells Sweep ACC Weekly Honors
- Swimming & Diving. Coumos Earns Second ACC Diving Citation Of Season
- Football. Jeff Quinn Named Notre Dame Offensive Line Coach
- Softball. #NDSB30 Top Five: 2000s
- W. Soccer. Romagnolo Announces Resignation as Irish Women’s Soccer Coach
- W. Basketball. Ogunbowale Named ACC Player of the Week
- M. Lacrosse. Men's Lacrosse Announces Two Preseason Exhibitions
- W. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Combine Veteran Experience With Young Talent
- Baseball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Get ready for @NDWomensTennis' 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣8️⃣ campaign by catching up on all you need to know before the Irish hit th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Go behind-the-scenes with all things Fighting Irish Media and learn how the pros of @NDFIM tell the best stories of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- After coaching 1️⃣2️⃣ @NFL linemen, Jeff Quinn has been named @NDFootball's Offensive Line coach. Congratulations,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- Before @NDSoftball's 30th season kicks off on February 9, take a look 👀 back at the best Irish moments of the 2000s… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Who do you think is this week’s @tire_rack Student-Athlete of the Week? Vote now! #GoIrish 15 hours ago