THURSDAY’S T.I.F.I. – NDFB Schedule, Sherman’s Growth, Sheahan To The Wings, Another Day Of Regis & More
Dec 20, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
Today is the day many people around Notre Dame football have been waiting for, the release of the 2014 (and beyond) schedule. A ton of different teams will make their way to South Bend and the Irish will get to see some cities they haven’t been in for a long time.
Nonetheless, be on the lookout at 11 a.m. (ET) to watch Jack Swarbrick’s press conference on WatchND.tv and my schedule release post on Strong & True (the official Notre Dame football blog).
Now, what did we miss…
1. Men’s Basketball – Sherman Emerging As Main Man (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The biggest surprise during this men’s basketball season has to be the stellar post play of Garrick Sherman. Click the link above to learn more.
2. Football – Football Schedules Released Friday (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The Irish faithful will know what is in front of them for the next three years later this morning. Click the link above to learn more.
3. Football – Rutgers Expectations Of ND (LINK-NJ.com)
When Rutgers accepted the position to play the Irish in the Pinstripe Bowl, they knew they would have their hands full with the Irish offense. Click the link above to read more.
4. Hockey – Sheahan Called Up To Red Wings (LINK-Detroit Free Press)
Former Notre Dame Hockey student-athlete Riley Sheahan was recently called up from his minor league post with the Grand Rapids Griffons to the NHL’s Detroit Red Wings. Click the link above to read more.
5. Women’s Basketball – McGraw Added To Another Hall (LINK-UND.com)
The head women’s basketball coach Muffet McGraw to be inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. Click the link above to read more.
I can’t believe I let the cat out of the bag! I am so getting fired …
— Jude (@andrewwinn) December 20, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Another day of Regis! This time he tries to congratulate the men’s soccer team on winning the national title … tries. (1:33 mark)
Let’s talk football …
When was the last time the Irish played a football game in New York not in a baseball stadium?
You will find this answer in tomorrow’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
YESTERDAY’S QUESTION: When was the last time the Irish football squad beat a top-five team? And who was it? ANSWER: 2005. The Irish beat No. 3 Michigan 17-10 as the Irish moved to 2-0 in the first season as head coach for Charlie Weis.
- W. Volleyball. Irish Open Spring Slate Against Ball State On Saturday
- M. Lacrosse. #4 Notre Dame Ready To Face Buckeyes At Ohio Stadium
- Baseball. Notre Dame Opens ACC Home Slate
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Returns to West Coast for the Bighorn Invitational
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Off To Solid Start At NCAAs
- Football. Pro Day: Several Hours of Hushed Assessments
- Baseball. SCHEDULE CHANGE: Friday First Pitch at 5:05 p.m. ET
- Softball. Irish, UNC Clash In 2018 Melissa Cook Stadium Opener
- Fencing. Irish Tied For First After Day One At NCAA Championships
- W. Basketball. Irish Head West in Hopes of Spokane Regional Title
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Home sweet home! 🏠 @NDSoftball plays its home opener on Friday at 5 p.m. ET against ACC foe UNC. Get ready for the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- With 🔟 points on Day 2, No. 19 @NDSwimDive moves into the top 2️⃣5️⃣ at NCAA Championships! Read up on Zach Yeadon… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- "Top-seeded @NDHockey battles Michigan Tech in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament, Friday at 3 p.m. ET on ESPN… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- After Day ☝️ at NCAA Championships, @NDFencing is tied for the lead behind Amanda Sirico in epee and Elyssa Kleiner… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- The blades are sharpened, the matchup's set. It's tourney time. @NDHockey battles Michigan Tech in the first round… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago