THURSDAY’S T.I.F.I. – NDFB Schedule, Sherman’s Growth, Sheahan To The Wings, Another Day Of Regis & More
Dec 20, 2013, 9:52 AM EST
Today is the day many people around Notre Dame football have been waiting for, the release of the 2014 (and beyond) schedule. A ton of different teams will make their way to South Bend and the Irish will get to see some cities they haven’t been in for a long time.
Nonetheless, be on the lookout at 11 a.m. (ET) to watch Jack Swarbrick’s press conference on WatchND.tv and my schedule release post on Strong & True (the official Notre Dame football blog).
Now, what did we miss…
1. Men’s Basketball – Sherman Emerging As Main Man (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The biggest surprise during this men’s basketball season has to be the stellar post play of Garrick Sherman. Click the link above to learn more.
2. Football – Football Schedules Released Friday (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The Irish faithful will know what is in front of them for the next three years later this morning. Click the link above to learn more.
3. Football – Rutgers Expectations Of ND (LINK-NJ.com)
When Rutgers accepted the position to play the Irish in the Pinstripe Bowl, they knew they would have their hands full with the Irish offense. Click the link above to read more.
4. Hockey – Sheahan Called Up To Red Wings (LINK-Detroit Free Press)
Former Notre Dame Hockey student-athlete Riley Sheahan was recently called up from his minor league post with the Grand Rapids Griffons to the NHL’s Detroit Red Wings. Click the link above to read more.
5. Women’s Basketball – McGraw Added To Another Hall (LINK-UND.com)
The head women’s basketball coach Muffet McGraw to be inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. Click the link above to read more.
I can’t believe I let the cat out of the bag! I am so getting fired …
— Jude (@andrewwinn) December 20, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Another day of Regis! This time he tries to congratulate the men’s soccer team on winning the national title … tries. (1:33 mark)
Let’s talk football …
When was the last time the Irish played a football game in New York not in a baseball stadium?
You will find this answer in tomorrow’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
YESTERDAY’S QUESTION: When was the last time the Irish football squad beat a top-five team? And who was it? ANSWER: 2005. The Irish beat No. 3 Michigan 17-10 as the Irish moved to 2-0 in the first season as head coach for Charlie Weis.
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
- W. Basketball. No. 6/5 Women's Hoops to Head West on Oregon Trail
- Football. Notre Dame-Navy: Five Things to Watch
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Celebrating Senior Day the best way we know how, on the field with our friends and family. #GoIrish https://t.co/ItoEJgeRWd 8 minutes ago
- That’ll do it from Notre Dame Stadium, where @NDFootball defeats Navy, 24-17! Next up, Stanford. #GoIrish https://t.co/9ytOGrfW8p 1 hour ago
- Proud to stand with our friends from the Naval Academy during their alma mater. Thank you, always, for your servic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Gold always looks best in the fourth quarter. #GoIrish https://t.co/vbQmCNfrOF 2 hours ago
- Wimbush to Stepherson x ✌️ @NDFootball takes the 24-17 lead with 11:49 left in the fourth quarter! Get to NBC!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago