THURSDAY’S T.I.F.I. – Talkin’ Shipp, @NDwbb’s Senior Stats, Snow, An Old Coach Brey Commercial & More!
Feb 20, 2014, 10:25 AM EST
Thursday is another big day for Irish athletics as the softball squad double dips for two games, the women’s swimming and diving squad continues to thrive in the pool at the ACC Championships while the men’s team begins their quest to send Coach Welsh out with conference title. The women’s basketball team traveled to Winston-Salem, N.C., last night in preparation for tonight’s contest with Wake Forest at 7 p.m. (ET) and the Irish baseball squad caps of the busy day for Notre Dame with an 8 p.m. (CT) first pitch against Santa Clara down in San Antonio, Texas.
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Men’s Soccer – Another Honor For Shipp (Chicagoland Soccer)
After being named a MAC-Hermann Trophy finalist and captaining the Irish to an NCAA Championship, Harrison Shipp was not done with his trophy haul. Click the link above to read about Shipp’s ACC Scholar Athlete of the Year recognition.
- 2. Men’s Basketball – A Different Kind Of Loss (Chicago Tribune)
After winning two-consecutive games, the Irish traveled down to Miami (Fla.) to take on the Hurricanes. Trailing for most of the game, the Irish valiantly attempted to come back at the end on the back of Pat Connaughton and Demetrius Jackson. To read more, click the link above.
- 3. Football – Three-Year Itch (Irish Eyes)
Irish Eyes takes a look at a triumvirate of Irish student-athletes who will be juniors once the 2014 season begins in August and are looking to make a splash next season. To read more, click the link above.
- 4. Women’s Basketball – Seven Senior Stats (In The Paint)
The trio of senior women’s basketball student-athletes, Natalie Achonwa, Kayla McBride and Ariel Braker, have not only carried on the grand legacy of Irish women’s basketball, but they have paved their own path. What they have accomplished is staggering, and the numbers are downright gaudy. Click the link above to read more.
- 5. Football – Niklas Is A Man With A Plan (OC Register)
Former Notre Dame tight end Troy Niklas announced he was foregoing his final year of NCAA eligibility to make himself available in the 2014 NFL Draft. It is all just another part of the plan for “Hercules.” Click the link above to read more.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
Last day for you, snow pile. You had a great run, but it's over. pic.twitter.com/cJfTh0p1fy
— Pat Forde (@YahooForde) February 20, 2014
It seems that excitement is abound all across the country, not just in South Bend, Ind.
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
I wasn’t planning on doing any plugs to buy tickets on here, but this commercial from a few years back is just too good to pass up. Oh yeah, If you want to purchase any tickets for our events just head over to UND.com/BuyTickets.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
With Harrison Shipp notching the ACC Men’s Soccer Scholar-Athlete of the Year award, the question is, who was the last Irish men’s soccer player to cop that award while a member of the BIG EAST?
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
Yesterday’s Question: When was the last time the Irish men’s basketball team played three consecutive games on the road in the regular season? ANSWER: 2011
- M. Tennis. Irish Etch Sixth Sweep In 7-0 Victory Over Hoosiers
- Baseball. Irish Fall In Alamo Irish Classic Finale
- W. Tennis. Irish Win Third Straight With 5-2 Victory Over Louisville
- M. Lacrosse. Sunday Brunch: Irish Check Opening Day Boxes
- Softball. #11/10 Michigan Defeats Irish 9-2
- M. Ice Hockey. Resilient Irish Play Providence To 3-3 Tie
- Baseball. Solomon Strikes Out Nine In Victory
- W. Basketball. Crucial ACC Test Sunday at #21 Syracuse
- Football. Onward Notre Dame: Corey Robinson Premiers Saturday Night On NBCSN
- M. Lacrosse. Garnsey's Career Day Leads Irish to Victory Over Hoyas
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.