Feb 26, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
The Irish didn’t have any events going on yesterday, but that doesn’t mean we were without news and some love on Jeopardy (see trivia question of the day)!
I missed this in yesterday’s T.I.F.I., former Notre Dame hockey player Anders Lee was called up to the New York Islanders from his post in the AHL. Lee joins former Notre Dame hockey players Ian Cole (St. Louis Blues), Kyle Palmieri (Anaheim Ducks) and Erik Condra (Ottawa Senators).
— NYIslanders (@NYIslanders) February 25, 2014
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Hockey – Lind And Friends (UND.com)
The Irish hockey team has developed a pipeline in the Chicago-area over the past few years, snagging student-athletes like Garrett Peterson, Robbie Russo, T.J. Tynan, Kevin Lind and Vincent Hinostroza from that vicinity. Click the link above to read about their journey to Notre Dame.
- 2. Men’s Basketball – Building Towards Tourney (Post-Tribune)
After a tumultuous season, the men’s basketball team is just a few games away from their first crack at the ACC Championship. LaMond Pope of the Post-Tribune weighs in at the link above.
- 3. Women’s Tennis – A Family Affair (UND.com)
Britney Sanders has not always been the top tennis player at Notre Dame. Fighting her way from the five-position a few years back to her current spot atop the singles lineup. Sanders has had her family along for the ride during her entire tennis career and they remain key cog’s to her success. Click the link above to read more.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
— lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) February 25, 2014
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
All this NFL Combine talk this week is making me antsy for college football … oh … and the Irish men’s basketball team plays Georgia Tech tonight at Purcell Pavilion.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
We don’t really need an answer; we need the question for today’s trivia …
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
Yesterday’s Question: With one more victory, men’s basketball coach Mike Brey will notch his 300th win at Notre Dame. Can you name the other Notre Dame men’s basketball coaches with 300 or more wins at the University? ANSWER: Richard “Digger” Phelps and George Keogan
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Men's Basketball Postgame Quotes
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Pulls Away From Louisville, 71-59
- W. Basketball. #2 Irish Head To Greensboro For ACC Championship
- W. Basketball. Loyd Named ACC Player of the Year, Turner Is ACC Freshman of the Year
- Baseball. Around The Bases With Notre Dame Baseball
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Extra: Hockey Seniors Ready for Final Playoff Push
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Extra: Johnson Provides Veteran Hockey Presence on Defense and in Community
- M. Ice Hockey. Petersen Named Hockey East Goaltender of the Month
- M. Basketball. #12/11 Notre Dame Visits #16/14 Louisville On Wednesday
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NotreDame: "And our hearts forever, love thee, Notre Dame." #ThankYouFrTed 7 hours ago
- RT @NotreDame: .@PhotosND captured a breathtaking photo during Fr. Hesburgh's procession to the Holy Cross Community Cemetary http://t.co/F… 10 hours ago
- RT @NotreDame: Fr. Hesburgh's Memorial begins at 7:30. Join our live stream: ntrda.me/Hesburgh Follow the program here: http://t.co/… 10 hours ago
- RT @NotreDame: We loved you Ted. We now commend you to the God you served so faithfully. We will miss you. http://t.co/hBiNSHApyw 14 hours ago
- RT @NotreDame: "You don't make decisions because they're easy, because they're cheap or because they're popular. You make them because they… 14 hours ago