Feb 26, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
The Irish didn’t have any events going on yesterday, but that doesn’t mean we were without news and some love on Jeopardy (see trivia question of the day)!
I missed this in yesterday’s T.I.F.I., former Notre Dame hockey player Anders Lee was called up to the New York Islanders from his post in the AHL. Lee joins former Notre Dame hockey players Ian Cole (St. Louis Blues), Kyle Palmieri (Anaheim Ducks) and Erik Condra (Ottawa Senators).
— NYIslanders (@NYIslanders) February 25, 2014
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Hockey – Lind And Friends (UND.com)
The Irish hockey team has developed a pipeline in the Chicago-area over the past few years, snagging student-athletes like Garrett Peterson, Robbie Russo, T.J. Tynan, Kevin Lind and Vincent Hinostroza from that vicinity. Click the link above to read about their journey to Notre Dame.
- 2. Men’s Basketball – Building Towards Tourney (Post-Tribune)
After a tumultuous season, the men’s basketball team is just a few games away from their first crack at the ACC Championship. LaMond Pope of the Post-Tribune weighs in at the link above.
- 3. Women’s Tennis – A Family Affair (UND.com)
Britney Sanders has not always been the top tennis player at Notre Dame. Fighting her way from the five-position a few years back to her current spot atop the singles lineup. Sanders has had her family along for the ride during her entire tennis career and they remain key cog’s to her success. Click the link above to read more.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
— lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) February 25, 2014
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
All this NFL Combine talk this week is making me antsy for college football … oh … and the Irish men’s basketball team plays Georgia Tech tonight at Purcell Pavilion.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
We don’t really need an answer; we need the question for today’s trivia …
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
Yesterday’s Question: With one more victory, men’s basketball coach Mike Brey will notch his 300th win at Notre Dame. Can you name the other Notre Dame men’s basketball coaches with 300 or more wins at the University? ANSWER: Richard “Digger” Phelps and George Keogan
- Baseball. Notre Dame Wraps ACC Tournament Play
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In First Round of NCAA Championships
- General News. Notre Dame Among Leaders in NCAA APR Four-Year Numbers
- M. Basketball. Irish Set To Face Oklahoma In Madison Square Garden
- Baseball. Irish Lose Lead Late, Fall to Miami
- Track & Field. Keys To The Meet: NCAA East Regionals
- Baseball. Tales From the Eck: A Blog by Collin Stoecker
- Track & Field. Alan Turner Will Not Return as Irish Cross Country/Track and Field Coach
- Baseball. Irish Land Three on All-ACC Teams
- Baseball. Tully, Irish Open ACC Tournament Play
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- It's about more than just world-class facilities -- and @NDMensGolf has the culture to match it. #GoIrish https://t.co/bBlsdZLxIk 4 hours ago
- Back to the Big Apple! 🍎🏀 @NDmbb is headed back to @TheGarden to face Oklahoma in the Jimmy V Men's Basketball Cla… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ⬆️ That's how many Irish programs earned perfect Academic Progress Rate scores… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- 🏅 Midwest Assistant Coach of the Year 🏅 Player to Watch @NDMensTennis brought home ✌️ regional Intercollegiate Ten… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- “It is an honor to be a part of @usabasketball." @NDmbb head coach @NDMikeBrey is headed to the Olympic Training C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago