FRIDAY’S T.I.F.I. – Talkin’ @NDmbb Senior Night, @NDwbb Domination, @NDFootball Spring Practice, #NDinNHL & More!
Feb 28, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
A huge weekend has already begun for Irish athletics after a big win for the women’s basketball team last night over another top-15 team in North Carolina.
As the weekend continues, almost every Irish squad is in action. A culmination of the last four years for the men’s basketball team will be displayed on Saturday as they honor their student-athletes who have no eligibility remaining. Be sure to either get your tickets at UND.com/Tickets or tune in at 2 p.m. (ET) as the Irish welcome former BIG EAST foe, Pitt, to Purcell Pavilion. There is a variety of Irish events this weekend, to see the full schedule, head over to UND.com.
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Women’s Basketball – The Battle Continues (South Bend Tribune)
After a stellar prep career that saw Taya Reimer battle with Stephanie Mavunga in the state of Indiana, they went their separate ways, going to Notre Dame and North Carolina, respectively. Last night they had the opportunity to once again play against one another in the state they grew up. Click the link above to read more about this relationship and the Irish victory.
- 2. Football – 10 Players To Watch (South Bend Tribune)
Eric Hansen of the South Bend Tribune takes a look at 10 players to watch this year as the Irish football squad begins spring practice in preparation for the 2014 season. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Hockey – One Last Shot (UND.com)
A fantastic feature on Irish alternate hockey captain T.J. Tynan that is posted on the Notre Dame Athletics website. Click the link above to read more.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
— Mike Brey (@NDMikeBrey) February 27, 2014
Coach may not tweet a bunch, but when he does, it’s always a doozy!
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
There were two former Irish hockey student-athletes who scored in the NHL last night, combining for three goals. Anders Lee notched two goals for the New York Islanders and Riley Sheahan tallied his fourth of the year for the Detroit Red Wings.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY</b
Continuing our Jeopardy trend, you don’t really need an answer; we need the question for today’s trivia …
Question: What is Saber.
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Remain In The Hunt At OSU Fall Invite
- M. Ice Hockey. Morrison Tallies Overtime Winner As #4 Irish Down RPI 1-0
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- No. 8️⃣ @NDFootball took down Navy in the final home game of the 2017 season at Notre Dame Stadium. #GoIrish https://t.co/QQUR9IWSog 6 hours ago
- Celebrating Senior Day the best way we know how, on the field with our friends and family. #GoIrish https://t.co/ItoEJgeRWd 7 hours ago
- That’ll do it from Notre Dame Stadium, where @NDFootball defeats Navy, 24-17! Next up, Stanford. #GoIrish https://t.co/9ytOGrfW8p 9 hours ago
- Proud to stand with our friends from the Naval Academy during their alma mater. Thank you, always, for your servic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Gold always looks best in the fourth quarter. #GoIrish https://t.co/vbQmCNfrOF 9 hours ago