Mar 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
Garrett Peterson is soft-spoken, but he isn’t quiet. When he’s on the ice, he’s quick, tough, and makes his presence known to the opposing defense. The junior right wing returned to the roster after he sat out during the fall of his sophomore year, and he’s returning quickly to the regular rotation in the team’s line-up. Here’s the Two-Minute Power Play with Garrett Peterson.
If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “Bwhat The Chup”
If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Soccer.
If you had a time machine, when would you go to? I’d go to the mid-60s.
Who would play you in your biopic? Matthew McConaughey.
What’s your favorite meal? My mom’s bowtie pasta.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? I would, first and foremost, make sure my family was taken care of in all aspects. And then invest the rest—I don’t know in what.
Do you have a pre-game routine? Yes—sit down in the lunchroom, drink coffee, pre-game meetings with Coach, shoot pucks, ride the bike, and then I start getting dressed.
Do you have any superstitions? My routine.
What’s your favorite song to listen to before games? “Money Trees” by Kendrick Lamar.
Who is your celebrity crush? Jennifer Aniston.
Favorite month of the year? September—I love fall and it’s my birthday month.
What’s your favorite movie? “Boondock Saints.”
Who is your hero? Gotta be my Papa—my grandpa.
What is your favorite place in the entire world? Pismo Beach, California.
What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? I was a huge “Hey Arnold” guy.
Would you rather be Jack Swarbrick or Fr. Jenkins for a day? Fr. Jenkins. I feel like he’s the closest thing to a perfect man.
What’s your biggest fear? Spiders
What’s the first item on your bucket list? Just get over to California to see my family members.
What four people would you want to go golfing with? Chubbs Peterson from “Happy Gilmore”, my buddy (golfer) Andrew Lane, Jeremy Roenick, and probably Rog—[goalie] Joe Rogers.
What was the best lesson your parents ever taught you? “If you hang around with trash, you’ll start smelling like trash.”
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Comes Up Short Against Hurricanes, 77-74
- Baseball. Gilgenbach Garners ACC Co-Player of the Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Michigan Holds On For 1-0 Victory Over Notre Dame
- W. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Doubleheader Victories Over Indiana, Wright State
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Miami - Five Things To Know
- Baseball. Gilgenbach's Two-Homer Day Takes Series At No. 9 LSU
- M. Tennis. #22 Irish Drop 4-3 Heartbreaker To #20 Blue Devils
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Wrap Last Road Game with 89-55 Win at Boston College
- W. Lacrosse. No. 16 Notre Dame blows by Stetson, 21-7
- Softball. #RV Irish Go 3-1 Versus #14 Minny, #20 UM At B1G/ACC
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- No. 5 @ndwbb brought home a win from its final road trip of the year. Take a behind-the-scenes look 👀 at the Iris… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- ✌️ #Gilgenbombs = ☝️ ACC Co-Player of the Week award for Gilgenbach! @NDBaseball's Eric Gilgenbach hit two home ru… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Matt Farrell’s ready and so are the Irish. Catch @NDmbb vs. Miami, LIVE on #BigMonday at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- #BigMonday is back! After @NDmbb beat Boston College on the road, the Irish return home to take on Monday at 7 p.m… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- We couldn't let #PresidentsDay pass without honoring one of our all-time great alumni, President Jed Bartlet.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago