Mar 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
Garrett Peterson is soft-spoken, but he isn’t quiet. When he’s on the ice, he’s quick, tough, and makes his presence known to the opposing defense. The junior right wing returned to the roster after he sat out during the fall of his sophomore year, and he’s returning quickly to the regular rotation in the team’s line-up. Here’s the Two-Minute Power Play with Garrett Peterson.
If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “Bwhat The Chup”
If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Soccer.
If you had a time machine, when would you go to? I’d go to the mid-60s.
Who would play you in your biopic? Matthew McConaughey.
What’s your favorite meal? My mom’s bowtie pasta.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? I would, first and foremost, make sure my family was taken care of in all aspects. And then invest the rest—I don’t know in what.
Do you have a pre-game routine? Yes—sit down in the lunchroom, drink coffee, pre-game meetings with Coach, shoot pucks, ride the bike, and then I start getting dressed.
Do you have any superstitions? My routine.
What’s your favorite song to listen to before games? “Money Trees” by Kendrick Lamar.
Who is your celebrity crush? Jennifer Aniston.
Favorite month of the year? September—I love fall and it’s my birthday month.
What’s your favorite movie? “Boondock Saints.”
Who is your hero? Gotta be my Papa—my grandpa.
What is your favorite place in the entire world? Pismo Beach, California.
What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? I was a huge “Hey Arnold” guy.
Would you rather be Jack Swarbrick or Fr. Jenkins for a day? Fr. Jenkins. I feel like he’s the closest thing to a perfect man.
What’s your biggest fear? Spiders
What’s the first item on your bucket list? Just get over to California to see my family members.
What four people would you want to go golfing with? Chubbs Peterson from “Happy Gilmore”, my buddy (golfer) Andrew Lane, Jeremy Roenick, and probably Rog—[goalie] Joe Rogers.
What was the best lesson your parents ever taught you? “If you hang around with trash, you’ll start smelling like trash.”
- W. Basketball. Cable, Allen Earn Awards For Basketball Success
- M. Ice Hockey. Gross Honored and Irish Move up to #8 in the National Polls After Weekend Sweep
- M. Basketball. Irish Head To Clemson For A Key ACC Battle
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #3 Notre Dame 66, #13 Louisville 61
- W. Basketball. #3 Irish Rally Past #13 Louisville, 66-61
- Fencing. No. 2 Irish Women Remain Undefeated At Duke Duals
- M. Tennis. No. 36 Irish Snare Doubleheader Wins over No. 53 Indiana, Ball State
- M. Basketball. Sunday Brunch: Golden Irish Motor Past Heels
- M. Basketball. Postgame Quotes
- M. Ice Hockey. Petersen Leads No. 10 Irish to 3-1 Win and Weekend Sweep at Vermont
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🍀 Who surprised @NDHockey on their way to Vermont? Hint: 🚁 amp.twimg.com/v/ccb91a59-3b5… 31 minutes ago
- 🍀 Want tickets to @ndwbb vs. Clemson? @ThisCountsSJMed has you covered. ENTER: woobox.com/gmunpg https://t.co/uj2UqDPLBV 3 hours ago
- 🍀 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS @NDFootball alums Ryan Harris & David Bruton take Super Bowl 50 with the @Broncos. #SB50 https://t.co/obMpcdtmiO 9 hours ago
- To our Super Bowl winners David & Ryan, Congratulations! From AD Jack Swarbrick & the entire @NotreDame Community. https://t.co/RzQln3iHMp 21 hours ago
- BRONCOS FG IS GOOD! Cue Victory March with @NDFootball alums & @Broncos players David Bruton & Ryan Harris. https://t.co/tZubN1Lfk8 1 day ago