Mar 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
Garrett Peterson is soft-spoken, but he isn’t quiet. When he’s on the ice, he’s quick, tough, and makes his presence known to the opposing defense. The junior right wing returned to the roster after he sat out during the fall of his sophomore year, and he’s returning quickly to the regular rotation in the team’s line-up. Here’s the Two-Minute Power Play with Garrett Peterson.
If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “Bwhat The Chup”
If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Soccer.
If you had a time machine, when would you go to? I’d go to the mid-60s.
Who would play you in your biopic? Matthew McConaughey.
What’s your favorite meal? My mom’s bowtie pasta.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? I would, first and foremost, make sure my family was taken care of in all aspects. And then invest the rest—I don’t know in what.
Do you have a pre-game routine? Yes—sit down in the lunchroom, drink coffee, pre-game meetings with Coach, shoot pucks, ride the bike, and then I start getting dressed.
Do you have any superstitions? My routine.
What’s your favorite song to listen to before games? “Money Trees” by Kendrick Lamar.
Who is your celebrity crush? Jennifer Aniston.
Favorite month of the year? September—I love fall and it’s my birthday month.
What’s your favorite movie? “Boondock Saints.”
Who is your hero? Gotta be my Papa—my grandpa.
What is your favorite place in the entire world? Pismo Beach, California.
What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? I was a huge “Hey Arnold” guy.
Would you rather be Jack Swarbrick or Fr. Jenkins for a day? Fr. Jenkins. I feel like he’s the closest thing to a perfect man.
What’s your biggest fear? Spiders
What’s the first item on your bucket list? Just get over to California to see my family members.
What four people would you want to go golfing with? Chubbs Peterson from “Happy Gilmore”, my buddy (golfer) Andrew Lane, Jeremy Roenick, and probably Rog—[goalie] Joe Rogers.
What was the best lesson your parents ever taught you? “If you hang around with trash, you’ll start smelling like trash.”
- Cross Country. Irish Claim Runner-Up Honors at the 2015 Crusader Open
- M. Soccer. #5 Irish Blank #24 USF In Berticelli Opener
- W. Volleyball. Pirates Sweep Irish 3-0 In Friday Volleyball Action
- W. Soccer. No. 6/4 Notre Dame Draws With Western Michigan, 2-2
- W. Volleyball. Volleyball On Road At Seton Hall
- Football. Pride and Resiliency Fueled 1970 Notre Dame Football Team
- Football. Jack Chevigny: Gridiron Star and Battlefield Hero
- Monogram Club. Catching Up With The Monogram Club
- Cross Country. Keys to the Race: Crusader Open
- W. Volleyball. Jim McLaughlin: New Irish Volleyball Boss Is All About the Numbers
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 💍RINGS FOR DAYS. #ACCchampions twitter.com/ndmbb/status/6… 1 hour ago
- Awesome ND Tradition #21 MIDNIGHT DRUMMER'S CIRCLE. ROCK OUT. http://t.co/NlDQSQxWI3 9 hours ago
- Soon... http://t.co/6tRl6PXVF1 12 hours ago
- ⚽️ @NDMenSoccer crushes USF 2-0. First goal of the night ripped by Jon Gallagher. http://t.co/xUUSKVx8kf 12 hours ago
- 🍀 Who showed up to the pep rally? Everyone. http://t.co/XvbRHfAzsY 13 hours ago