Mar 6, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
Another top-five opponent went down at the hands of the Fighting Irish last night as the women’s lacrosse team defeated the fourth-ranked Northwestern Wildcats. The women’s basketball team departed for its first ACC Championships last night, the squad will play their first game on Friday afternoon.
Additionally, take a few minutes to vote in the first Notre Dame Athletics Academy Awards. Voting continues through Friday.
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Women’s Lacrosse – Irish Defeat #4 Northwestern (Lax Power)
The 13th-ranked Irish women’s lacrosse squad took care of business against the fourth-ranked Wildcats last night. Click the link above to read more.
- 2. Men’s Lacrosse – Two Routes, One Destination (UNDerground)
Take a few minutes to read about the story of two brothers, Jack and Conor Doyle. How they both arrived at Notre Dame was not an easy path. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Football – Brindza Keeps Eye On Prize (South Bend Tribune)
After a 9-4 season that saw the Irish take home a New Era Pinstripe Bowl victory, Kyle Brindza again set his goals for the coming year. “National Championship. Groza. Ray Guy.” Read more at the link above.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
I got an email from my old team admin at ND letting me know her young daughter thought we were called the Colorado Rabbits. I don't hate it…
— Dillon Powers (@powerhour5) March 6, 2014
I will leave her name out of this, but it was just too funny to pass up.
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
Watch as Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey jokes around with his players, goes over how big men should attack the hoop, plus much more! Here is Mike Brey mic’d up at Notre Dame practice.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
Question: Before Wednesday’s win over No. 4 Northwestern, when was the last time the women’s lacrosse team at Notre Dame defeated Northwestern?
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
ANSWER: Who was the first Notre Dame football player to be selected first overall in the professional football draft? Angelo Bertelli was selected first overall by Boston in 1944.
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Hand Buckeyes First Defeat Of Season In 12-7 Victory
- W. Rowing. Irish Compete At Longhorn Invitational
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Prepared to Battle Syracuse on the Road
- Baseball. Irish Fall In 13 Innings To No. 13 FSU
- Softball. Irish Execute Excellently In Twin Bill Sweep Of Virginia Tech
- Track. Meunier, Irish Wrap Day One of Raleigh Relays
- W. Basketball. Irish Elite in Historic Victory Over Buckeyes
- Swimming & Diving. No. 19 Notre Dame Has Solid Third Day at Men's Swimming and Diving at NCAA Championships
- W. Tennis. Irish Rally Comes Up Short In Conference Dual Against Wolfpack
- Football. Rocket Ismail: He’s Lived and Learned
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.