Mar 6, 2014, 11:11 AM EST
Another top-five opponent went down at the hands of the Fighting Irish last night as the women’s lacrosse team defeated the fourth-ranked Northwestern Wildcats. The women’s basketball team departed for its first ACC Championships last night, the squad will play their first game on Friday afternoon.
Additionally, take a few minutes to vote in the first Notre Dame Athletics Academy Awards. Voting continues through Friday.
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Women’s Lacrosse – Irish Defeat #4 Northwestern (Lax Power)
The 13th-ranked Irish women’s lacrosse squad took care of business against the fourth-ranked Wildcats last night. Click the link above to read more.
- 2. Men’s Lacrosse – Two Routes, One Destination (UNDerground)
Take a few minutes to read about the story of two brothers, Jack and Conor Doyle. How they both arrived at Notre Dame was not an easy path. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Football – Brindza Keeps Eye On Prize (South Bend Tribune)
After a 9-4 season that saw the Irish take home a New Era Pinstripe Bowl victory, Kyle Brindza again set his goals for the coming year. “National Championship. Groza. Ray Guy.” Read more at the link above.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
I got an email from my old team admin at ND letting me know her young daughter thought we were called the Colorado Rabbits. I don't hate it…
— Dillon Powers (@powerhour5) March 6, 2014
I will leave her name out of this, but it was just too funny to pass up.
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
Watch as Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey jokes around with his players, goes over how big men should attack the hoop, plus much more! Here is Mike Brey mic’d up at Notre Dame practice.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
Question: Before Wednesday’s win over No. 4 Northwestern, when was the last time the women’s lacrosse team at Notre Dame defeated Northwestern?
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
ANSWER: Who was the first Notre Dame football player to be selected first overall in the professional football draft? Angelo Bertelli was selected first overall by Boston in 1944.
- W. Soccer. Romagnolo Announces Resignation as Irish Women’s Soccer Coach
- W. Basketball. Ogunbowale Named ACC Player of the Week
- M. Lacrosse. Men's Lacrosse Announces Two Preseason Exhibitions
- W. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Combine Veteran Experience With Young Talent
- Baseball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- Softball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- M. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Wins Over Kentucky, Cleveland State
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame's 16-Game Winning Streak Ends Against Wisconsin
- Fencing. Irish Close Out Weekend With Wins In Philly
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Cruise Past Clemson, 90-37
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- At Notre Dame, head coach Theresa Romagnolo stressed the importance of the #NDFamily. We now wish her well as she… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- No. 1️⃣ @NDHockey No. 1️⃣ @NDFencing No. 5️⃣ @ndwbb Three Irish teams with top-🖐 rankings = plenty of reasons to l… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Life comes at you fast. But sometimes, @NDFootball's Te'von Coney comes at you faster. #GoIrish https://t.co/UdpGzTqlHG 4 hours ago
- After No. 5 @ndwbb earned its largest ACC win in program history, @NDSportsBlogger caught up with Kat Westbeld, who… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Junior Alex Lebedev moved to 4-0 in his career at No. 1 singles as @NDMensTennis downed Kentucky and Cleveland Stat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago