Mar 10, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
The Irish women’s basketball squad continued their torrid play this season at the ACC Tournament over the weekend, moving to 32-0 and cutting down the nets in Greensboro, N.C. But they weren’t the only Irish team to make waves on the national stage over the past few days. On the hard court, the women’s tennis team defeated #25 Florida State in an ACC duel while the softball squad took two of three from Georgia Tech in ACC play.
Aside from the ACC competitions at Notre Dame, the Irish hockey team won its first Hockey East Tournament game over the weekend, defeating Boston University, 3-2.
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Football – A Conversation With Louis Nix (SB Nation)
After a successful run at Notre Dame, defensive tackle Louis Nix decided to enter the 2014 NFL Draft. His time away from Notre Dame has been fun for all to watch and many Irish fans can’t wait to see where Irish Chocolate will land in the NFL Draft. Click the link above to read SN Nation’s interview with Nix.
- 2. Women’s Basketball – Irish Down Duke, Take Title (Boston Herald)
Throughout the entire season, the Irish women’s basketball squad has dominated their opponents, finishing the regular season at 29-0. After defeating Duke in the ACC Championship Game, the Irish stand at 32-0 and await Selection Monday, a week from today. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Football – Q&A With BK (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
As spring practice is beginning, Notre Dame football head coach Brian Kelly took a few moments to talk with Michael Carvell. Read more at the link above.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
— Emma Reaney (@chloreaney) March 9, 2014
This may be one of the more opportunistic “selfies” I’ve seen. On top of that, Emma Reaney is an American record holder in the pool. Making this photo that much better.
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
Ahead of Notre Dame’s first round game against Boston University in the Hockey East playoffs, Irish alternate captain T.J. Tynan was asked to come on NHL Live.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
Question: The Irish women’s basketball team have now won two conference titles in a row (2013 in the BIG EAST and 2014 in the ACC). When was the last time the Irish women won back-to-back Conference Tournament titles?
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
- W. Soccer. Romagnolo Announces Resignation as Irish Women’s Soccer Coach
- W. Basketball. Ogunbowale Named ACC Player of the Week
- M. Lacrosse. Men's Lacrosse Announces Two Preseason Exhibitions
- W. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Combine Veteran Experience With Young Talent
- Baseball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- Softball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- M. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Wins Over Kentucky, Cleveland State
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame's 16-Game Winning Streak Ends Against Wisconsin
- Fencing. Irish Close Out Weekend With Wins In Philly
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Cruise Past Clemson, 90-37
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- At Notre Dame, head coach Theresa Romagnolo stressed the importance of the #NDFamily. We now wish her well as she… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- No. 1️⃣ @NDHockey No. 1️⃣ @NDFencing No. 5️⃣ @ndwbb Three Irish teams with top-🖐 rankings = plenty of reasons to l… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Life comes at you fast. But sometimes, @NDFootball's Te'von Coney comes at you faster. #GoIrish https://t.co/UdpGzTqlHG 4 hours ago
- After No. 5 @ndwbb earned its largest ACC win in program history, @NDSportsBlogger caught up with Kat Westbeld, who… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Junior Alex Lebedev moved to 4-0 in his career at No. 1 singles as @NDMensTennis downed Kentucky and Cleveland Stat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago