Mar 10, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
The Irish women’s basketball squad continued their torrid play this season at the ACC Tournament over the weekend, moving to 32-0 and cutting down the nets in Greensboro, N.C. But they weren’t the only Irish team to make waves on the national stage over the past few days. On the hard court, the women’s tennis team defeated #25 Florida State in an ACC duel while the softball squad took two of three from Georgia Tech in ACC play.
Aside from the ACC competitions at Notre Dame, the Irish hockey team won its first Hockey East Tournament game over the weekend, defeating Boston University, 3-2.
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Football – A Conversation With Louis Nix (SB Nation)
After a successful run at Notre Dame, defensive tackle Louis Nix decided to enter the 2014 NFL Draft. His time away from Notre Dame has been fun for all to watch and many Irish fans can’t wait to see where Irish Chocolate will land in the NFL Draft. Click the link above to read SN Nation’s interview with Nix.
- 2. Women’s Basketball – Irish Down Duke, Take Title (Boston Herald)
Throughout the entire season, the Irish women’s basketball squad has dominated their opponents, finishing the regular season at 29-0. After defeating Duke in the ACC Championship Game, the Irish stand at 32-0 and await Selection Monday, a week from today. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Football – Q&A With BK (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
As spring practice is beginning, Notre Dame football head coach Brian Kelly took a few moments to talk with Michael Carvell. Read more at the link above.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
— Emma Reaney (@chloreaney) March 9, 2014
This may be one of the more opportunistic “selfies” I’ve seen. On top of that, Emma Reaney is an American record holder in the pool. Making this photo that much better.
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
Ahead of Notre Dame’s first round game against Boston University in the Hockey East playoffs, Irish alternate captain T.J. Tynan was asked to come on NHL Live.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
Question: The Irish women’s basketball team have now won two conference titles in a row (2013 in the BIG EAST and 2014 in the ACC). When was the last time the Irish women won back-to-back Conference Tournament titles?
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
- Softball. Irish Resume With Wildcats In Evanston
- M. Lacrosse. Wynne Receives ACC Player Of The Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Bjork And Petersen Share MVP Honors
- W. Tennis. Irish Drop Season Finale To Clemson, 6-1
- M. Tennis. Hagar Provides A Bright Spot In 5-2 Loss To Wake Forest
- Softball. Virginia Sweeps Irish With 10-6 Sunday Win
- Track. Irish Close Record-Setting Day at Baylor
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Earn No. 4 Seed In ACC Tournament
- M. Golf. Golfers Conclude ACCs in 10th
- Football. Sunday Brunch: Irish Football ‘Process’ Ongoing
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Anna Rohrer ran her 1st 10K in April. She set ACC & @NDXCTF records. Ran fastest 10K of 2017 in the World. Donate… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- ☘ 765 Wins at ND 🏆 2001 @NCAA Champ 🏀 Naismith Hall of Famer Coach McGraw discusses her @ndwbb journey. Donate:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- The Man. The Myth. The Legend. 1988 NCAA title team coach Lou Holtz looks back at his @NDFootball career. Donate:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- 🏅 2 @ACCTrackField Titles ☘ @NDXCTF Record in 800m Jessica Harris shines in the 2017 Track & Field season. Donate… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- What's it like to compete in the Olympics? @NDRowing's FIRST Olympic Gold Medalist Amanda Polk knows! Watch/Donat… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 hours ago