Mar 19, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
The Irish baseball squad was the only Notre Dame athletic squad in competition yesterday and they came out victorious over Robert Morris, 3-0. You can find more on the Irish win at this link.
Now, what did we miss…
1. AD Talks Men’s Hoops (South Bend Tribune)
After the Irish men’s basketball season ended last week, South Bend Tribune men’s basketball beat writer Tom Noie had the opportunity to speak with Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick on the state of the program. Click the link above to read more.
2. Allen Plays Her Own Game (South Bend Tribune)
Skylar Diggins controlled the game for women’s hoops over the past four years. Upon graduation, she handed the reins over to incoming freshman Lindsay Allen. Click the link above to read more
3. Samardzija On Trading Block (USA Today)
Former Notre Dame baseball and football standout Jeff Samardzija is slated to be the opening day starter for the Chicago Cubs. The question surrounding the hurler isn’t if he will have another great year on the mound, it will be, what team will he be toeing the rubber for. Click the link above to read more.
Tweet That Made Me Chuckle
— Matt Cashore (@mattcashore) March 18, 2014
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Trivia Question Of The Day
As Major League Baseball’s opening day is fast approaching, let’s take a look at a baseball trivia question. How many former Notre Dame baseball players have captured a World Series title? Name them.
You will find the answer to this trivia question in tomorrow’s Things I Found Interesting
- W. Soccer. Jacobs to Compete with U-23 Women's National Team in Seattle
- Bigger Than Brick. `Going Green' at Notre Dame Stadium
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Comparisons
- Track & Field. Murray Speaks to Write on Sports Campers
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick | Looking Around
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame Sends Contingent to NHL Development Camps
- Cross Country. Irish Announce Cross Country Class of 2021
- Fencing. Irish To Be Well-Represented At Senior World Championships
- M. Basketball. Maui Invitational Tournament Will Begin With Chaminade
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - The Why
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🏈 Countdown to Kickoff: 43 Days In 1943 QB Angelo Bertelli won @NDFootball's 1st Heisman Trophy, the same year ND… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- ☘ ND Stadium is Going Green! LED Lights Food Donations Game Day Recycling Learn about our sustainability efforts: und.com/sports/biggert… 23 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: The 3 new buildings at ND Stadium are big enough for a queen. Literally. At 800,000 sq. feet, they're almost as big as… 1 day ago
- The new facility at ND Stadium has 1,650,000 bricks. Laid end-to-end they stretch 200 miles. Long enough to go fr… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- In 3,000,000 hours of labor we: Renovated ND Stadium & constructed 3 buildings. That's how long it takes Earth to… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago