Mar 26, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
In today’s “Things I Found Interesting” we look at some men’s basketball and hockey alumni news, a fantastic performance by men’s lacrosse, a twitter account is back, women’s basketball continues winning and a look at the football senior class.
In alumni news, former Notre Dame hockey student-athlete Riley Sheahan tallied an assist last night for the Detroit Red Wings in a 4-2 loss to Columbus. Let’s just say, his assist was pretty awesome.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Notre Dame Best Winning Streaks (Blue and Gold)
The women’s basketball squad is on a run of epic proportions, winning 34 consecutive games this season. To read more about the history of winning streaks at Notre Dame, click the link above.
2. Kavanagh Nets Seven, Irish Win (NCAA.com)
With the field covered in snow, attackman Matt Kavanagh tied a program record with seven goals in a 13-7 victory of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Click the link above to read more.
3. Time For the Senior Class To Shine (NBC Sports)
The 2015 graduating class for the football squad has been to three-straight bowl games and has played in the Notre Dame’s first BCS Championship game, and yet they have not achieved their goals. Click the link above to read more.
Tweet Of The Day
— Irish Sports Camps (@NDCamps) March 25, 2014
The Notre Dame Sports Camps office had been locked out of their twitter account for two years, then they came back strong with this tweet …
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
ABC US News | ABC Business News
University of Notre Dame graduate Lt. Cmdr. John Hiltz is highlighted for segments of this piece on the Blue Angels. A former member of the men’s basketball squad under then head coach Matt Doherty, Hiltz is seen in the video sporting a Notre Dame basketball shirt at different times.
Did You Know…
The Notre Dame men’s basketball team has had three former student-athletes named to the United States Olympic Team. Notre Dame’s first member of the U.S. National Team was Vince Boryla, who won the Olympic gold medal in 1948. Adrian Dantley played a key role in the 1976 Olympics in Montreal. Dantley scored 30 points in the gold medal game, defeating Yugoslavia, 95-74. The last Irish Olympian was Bill Hanzlik in 1980. Hanzlik never had the opportunity to play in the Olympics due to the United States boycotting the 1980 Summer Games.
- Football. Single-Game Irish Football Tickets Available
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Skaters Participate In NHL Development Camps
- Swimming & Diving. Litzinger To Coach In Inaugural ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- W. Soccer. Flores Signs Two-Year Deal with Valencia CF
- Fencing. Kvaratskhelia Named USFCA Coach of the Year
- M. Soccer. Irish Men's Soccer Holding School Supply Drive
- Track & Field. Sunday Brunch: Hoosier Hoops Helped Prepare Sparks for Head Coaching Role
- Track & Field. Sparks Promoted to Irish Head Track and Field and Cross Country Coach
- Cross Country. Sparks Promoted to Irish Head Track and Field and Cross Country Coach
- General News. Notre Dame Lands 434 Student-Athletes on ACC Honor Roll
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- The confetti fell 🎉, the national championship trophy's home 🏆, but we need your help one more time. Help @ndwbb b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Step on set with the Irish! 📸 🎥 @NDVolleyball sophomore libero Madison Cruzado is taking you behind-the-scenes of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- ☘️ 👉 🇮🇪 @NDLacrosse alum Conor Kelly is at the @2018WorldLax Championships representing @IrelandLacrosse! #GoIrish https://t.co/bFpVyKbOv1 5 hours ago
- Whatcha got, #NDFamily? @NDLacrosse needs a 🔥 name for their mannequin to display their 🔥 swag! 🗣 Comment below w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣6️⃣➡️ @NDSoccer visited France 🇫🇷 during the European ⚽️ Championships and sees Croatia 🇭🇷 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣8️⃣➡️… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago