Monday’s T.I.F.I. – Alumni Rolling In The Pro’s, @NDwbb looks for Number Six, Irish Fight For Life & More!
Mar 31, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
On Monday night inside the cozy confines of Purcell Pavilion, the NCAA will crown a regional champion in women’s basketball. The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame put their unblemished, 35-0, record on the line against their nemesis of yesteryear, the Baylor Bears. The game begins at 7:30 p.m. (ET) on ESPN and the WatchESPN app.
In alumni news, former Notre Dame hockey captain Erik Condra lit the lamp for the Ottawa Senators on Friday night in a 5-3 win over the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks.
Additionally, Mark Van Guilder was called up from his post with the Milwaukee Admirals to join the NHL’s Nashville Predators. The Predators won in Van Guilder’s first game, 4-3, in a shootout.
Moving to the pitch, Harrison Shipp continues to dazzle with his free-kick ability for the Chicago Fire. Shipp’s second assist of the season helped the Fire to a 2-2 tie with D.C. United.
Our last alumni news of the day comes from the links. A two-time BIG EAST champion, Max Scodro notched his second-consecutive top-20 finish on the PGA Tour’s LatinoAmerica series after a final round 66 to finish in a tie for 14th in the Stella Artois Open.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Talkin’ About Practice (One Foot Down)
Just over the midway point of 2014 spring practice and the crew at One Foot Down did a great job of pulling together some important tidbits and video from camp. To read more, click the link above.
2. Irish To Tame Superstar (Journal Gazette)
As the Irish women prepare to take on the Baylor Bears, they have to hone in on Baylor’s do-everything guard Odyssey Sims. Sims, a member of the 2012 NCAA Championship squad, averaged over 28 points per game this season en route to leading the Baylor to a No. 2 seed and a Regional Final appearance. Click the link above to read more.
3. Looking Back Seven Months (Irish UNDerground)
A season that has taken fans of the team on a fantastic ride has come to an end at the hands of St. Cloud State in overtime of the first round of the NCAA Championship. Click the link above to read more about the 2013-14 hockey season.
Tweet Of The Day
— Leigh Torbin (@LTorbin) March 30, 2014
Leigh is out there to make us all feel old …
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
This is a phenomenal piece … take a few minutes out of your day to watch it, trust me.
Did You Know…
With a win tonight against Baylor in the Regional Final, the Irish women’s basketball team will notch its sixth Final Four appearance (fourth consecutive), moving them into fifth all time for most Final Four’s in women’s basketball history.
- Baseball. Notre Dame Wraps ACC Tournament Play
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In First Round of NCAA Championships
- General News. Notre Dame Among Leaders in NCAA APR Four-Year Numbers
- M. Basketball. Irish Set To Face Oklahoma In Madison Square Garden
- Baseball. Irish Lose Lead Late, Fall to Miami
- Track & Field. Keys To The Meet: NCAA East Regionals
- Baseball. Tales From the Eck: A Blog by Collin Stoecker
- Track & Field. Alan Turner Will Not Return as Irish Cross Country/Track and Field Coach
- Baseball. Irish Land Three on All-ACC Teams
- Baseball. Tully, Irish Open ACC Tournament Play
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- It's about more than just world-class facilities -- and @NDMensGolf has the culture to match it. #GoIrish https://t.co/bBlsdZLxIk 5 hours ago
- Back to the Big Apple! 🍎🏀 @NDmbb is headed back to @TheGarden to face Oklahoma in the Jimmy V Men's Basketball Cla… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ⬆️ That's how many Irish programs earned perfect Academic Progress Rate scores… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- 🏅 Midwest Assistant Coach of the Year 🏅 Player to Watch @NDMensTennis brought home ✌️ regional Intercollegiate Ten… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- “It is an honor to be a part of @usabasketball." @NDmbb head coach @NDMikeBrey is headed to the Olympic Training C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago