Apr 1, 2014, 11:24 AM EST
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
Junior defenseman Robbie Russo has had quite the season. For a solid amount of time, Russo was the top-scoring defenseman, with 15 points (4 goals, 11 assists) accumulated by the end of the first half of the season. (He’s now tied by Stephen Johns.) While we wait to see if Russo’s streak continues into his senior season, here’s his Two-Minute Power Play…
If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “One-Timer”
If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Baseball.
If you had a time machine, when would you go to? I would go to Lake Placid, 1980, especially around Olympic time. Check that out.
What’s your favorite meal? Probably pasta. Any type.
Do you have any superstitions? After we stretch, I always sit on the bench for a little bit with my stick.
What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at ND? Anything taught by Louie Berzai.
What’s your favorite song to listen to before games? “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus
What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
Who is your celebrity crush? Scarlett Johannson
What’s the best thing about your home state (Illinois)? The Chicago Blackhawks.
What’s your favorite movie? “Lawless”
What is your guilty pleasure song or band? I like “Stay” by Rihanna
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would go to Italy, because I’ve never been there before.
What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? “Rocket Power”
What’s your biggest fear? I’m afraid of nothing. No, I’m kidding. I really don’t like snakes.
What was your favorite school subject when you were a kid? Math. This is just when I was a kid, though.
What’s the first item on your bucket list? I want to climb a mountain. Something 14,000 feet or more.
What surprises people most about you? I know a lot of random sports trivia, so I can surprise some people with that.
What is your favorite place in the entire world? Westmont, Illinois.
What is the best gift you’ve ever received? I got a bike when I was 8, and I had it for, like, 8 years. It was pretty awesome.
- M. Soccer. Sunday Brunch: The Riley Era-Long Time in the Making
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish Complete ACC Sweep At #20/25 FSU
- M. Basketball. Mooney's Career Day Not Enough In Loss At Clemson
- Track & Field. Shead, Irish race to top-three finishes at Notre Dame Invitational
- Fencing. Irish Fencers Find Success At St. John's Invitational
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Look to Carry Momentum into Clemson Game Sunday
- M. Ice Hockey. Replay: Irish Hockey Rolls On
- M. Ice Hockey. #1 Irish Down #18 Wisconsin 4-2 For 16th Straight Win
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish In Control After Day 1 At #20/25 FSU
- M. Tennis. Irish Romp In 6-1 Victory Over Spartans
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- The nation's top-ranked hockey team, @NDHockey, faces Wisconsin, Sunday at 3 p.m. ET at Chicago's @UnitedCenter.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 minutes ago
- In its first game since downing No. 6 Tennessee, No. 5 @ndwbb closes out a three-game homestand with Clemson, Sunda… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 55 minutes ago
- "It's a big venue and a big situation." No. 1 @NDHockey and its program-best 16-game winning streak heads north to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The last time @ndwbb hit the court, the No. 5 Irish battled back for a W against No. 6 Tennessee in the fifth best… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- A hug is worth a thousand words. 📸: @ndwbb #NationalHuggingDay #GoIrish https://t.co/Wr0QrMAFag 5 hours ago