Apr 1, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
Junior defenseman Robbie Russo has had quite the season. For a solid amount of time, Russo was the top-scoring defenseman, with 15 points (4 goals, 11 assists) accumulated by the end of the first half of the season. (He’s now tied by Stephen Johns.) While we wait to see if Russo’s streak continues into his senior season, here’s his Two-Minute Power Play…
If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “One-Timer”
If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Baseball.
If you had a time machine, when would you go to? I would go to Lake Placid, 1980, especially around Olympic time. Check that out.
What’s your favorite meal? Probably pasta. Any type.
Do you have any superstitions? After we stretch, I always sit on the bench for a little bit with my stick.
What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at ND? Anything taught by Louie Berzai.
What’s your favorite song to listen to before games? “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus
What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
Who is your celebrity crush? Scarlett Johannson
What’s the best thing about your home state (Illinois)? The Chicago Blackhawks.
What’s your favorite movie? “Lawless”
What is your guilty pleasure song or band? I like “Stay” by Rihanna
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would go to Italy, because I’ve never been there before.
What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? “Rocket Power”
What’s your biggest fear? I’m afraid of nothing. No, I’m kidding. I really don’t like snakes.
What was your favorite school subject when you were a kid? Math. This is just when I was a kid, though.
What’s the first item on your bucket list? I want to climb a mountain. Something 14,000 feet or more.
What surprises people most about you? I know a lot of random sports trivia, so I can surprise some people with that.
What is your favorite place in the entire world? Westmont, Illinois.
What is the best gift you’ve ever received? I got a bike when I was 8, and I had it for, like, 8 years. It was pretty awesome.
- Softball. Irish Resume With Wildcats In Evanston
- M. Lacrosse. Wynne Receives ACC Player Of The Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Bjork And Petersen Share MVP Honors
- W. Tennis. Irish Drop Season Finale To Clemson, 6-1
- M. Tennis. Hagar Provides A Bright Spot In 5-2 Loss To Wake Forest
- Softball. Virginia Sweeps Irish With 10-6 Sunday Win
- Track. Irish Close Record-Setting Day at Baylor
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Earn No. 4 Seed In ACC Tournament
- M. Golf. Golfers Conclude ACCs in 10th
- Football. Sunday Brunch: Irish Football ‘Process’ Ongoing
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Anna Rohrer ran her 1st 10K in April. She set ACC & @NDXCTF records. Ran fastest 10K of 2017 in the World. Donate… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- ☘ 765 Wins at ND 🏆 2001 @NCAA Champ 🏀 Naismith Hall of Famer Coach McGraw discusses her @ndwbb journey. Donate:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- The Man. The Myth. The Legend. 1988 NCAA title team coach Lou Holtz looks back at his @NDFootball career. Donate:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- 🏅 2 @ACCTrackField Titles ☘ @NDXCTF Record in 800m Jessica Harris shines in the 2017 Track & Field season. Donate… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- What's it like to compete in the Olympics? @NDRowing's FIRST Olympic Gold Medalist Amanda Polk knows! Watch/Donat… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 hours ago