Apr 10, 2014, 9:49 AM EST
Irish alumni continue to flourish in professional sports as Riley Sheahan helped the Red Wings claim yet another Stanley Cup playoff berth with a tally in last night’s game. Riley’s goal tied the game at three with just 1:15 left in the third period, securing the Red Wings 23rd-straight Stanley Cup Playoff appearance.
In other alumni news, John Axford registered his fourth save in as many chances last night in a 2-0 win for his Cleveland Indians over the San Diego Padres.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Irish Defense Creates Havoc For QB’s (South Bend Tribune)
With the new defensive structure under Brian VanGorder now in place in spring play, the Irish quarterbacks are being put under immense pressure in practice to perform against the high-level Notre Dame defense. To read more, click the link above.
2. Besler’s Return (Journal Gazette)
After an injury that sidelined Irish midfielder Nick Besler during a substantial part of the 2013 season, he came back stronger and just in time for the Irish men’s soccer team to make a run to College Cup, eventually winning the program’s first NCAA Championship. Click the link above to read more.
3. #NDFB Practice Report (One Foot Down)
The Irish begin to wind down their spring season as the culmination of their work will be on display this Saturday at the Blue-Gold Game. The guys at One Foot Down looked at yesterday’s practice to see how this year’s team is shaping up. Click the link above to read more.
Tweet Of The Day
MF- Survive & advance! Closer than I would have liked but got that W! Looks like we play Soccer Champs & a ND baller pic.twitter.com/J2WaYnhzeE
— Jr. ND Bloggers (@JrNDBloggers) April 10, 2014
Bookstore craziness is alive and well…
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Trick Shot Monday returned earlier this week …
Did You Know…
Crazy stat of the day: Riley Sheahan's game-tying goal sealed Red Wings' 23rd straight playoff berth. He wasn't alive when streak began.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 10, 2014
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Remain In The Hunt At OSU Fall Invite
- M. Ice Hockey. Morrison Tallies Overtime Winner As #4 Irish Down RPI 1-0
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- No. 8️⃣ @NDFootball took down Navy in the final home game of the 2017 season at Notre Dame Stadium. #GoIrish https://t.co/QQUR9IWSog 6 hours ago
- Celebrating Senior Day the best way we know how, on the field with our friends and family. #GoIrish https://t.co/ItoEJgeRWd 7 hours ago
- That’ll do it from Notre Dame Stadium, where @NDFootball defeats Navy, 24-17! Next up, Stanford. #GoIrish https://t.co/9ytOGrfW8p 9 hours ago
- Proud to stand with our friends from the Naval Academy during their alma mater. Thank you, always, for your servic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Gold always looks best in the fourth quarter. #GoIrish https://t.co/vbQmCNfrOF 9 hours ago