Apr 10, 2014, 9:49 AM EST
Irish alumni continue to flourish in professional sports as Riley Sheahan helped the Red Wings claim yet another Stanley Cup playoff berth with a tally in last night’s game. Riley’s goal tied the game at three with just 1:15 left in the third period, securing the Red Wings 23rd-straight Stanley Cup Playoff appearance.
In other alumni news, John Axford registered his fourth save in as many chances last night in a 2-0 win for his Cleveland Indians over the San Diego Padres.
Now, what did we miss…
1. Irish Defense Creates Havoc For QB’s (South Bend Tribune)
With the new defensive structure under Brian VanGorder now in place in spring play, the Irish quarterbacks are being put under immense pressure in practice to perform against the high-level Notre Dame defense. To read more, click the link above.
2. Besler’s Return (Journal Gazette)
After an injury that sidelined Irish midfielder Nick Besler during a substantial part of the 2013 season, he came back stronger and just in time for the Irish men’s soccer team to make a run to College Cup, eventually winning the program’s first NCAA Championship. Click the link above to read more.
3. #NDFB Practice Report (One Foot Down)
The Irish begin to wind down their spring season as the culmination of their work will be on display this Saturday at the Blue-Gold Game. The guys at One Foot Down looked at yesterday’s practice to see how this year’s team is shaping up. Click the link above to read more.
Tweet Of The Day
MF- Survive & advance! Closer than I would have liked but got that W! Looks like we play Soccer Champs & a ND baller pic.twitter.com/J2WaYnhzeE
— Jr. ND Bloggers (@JrNDBloggers) April 10, 2014
Bookstore craziness is alive and well…
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Trick Shot Monday returned earlier this week …
Did You Know…
Crazy stat of the day: Riley Sheahan's game-tying goal sealed Red Wings' 23rd straight playoff berth. He wasn't alive when streak began.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 10, 2014
- W. Basketball. Allen, No. 5 Irish Cruise Past Boston College on Senior Night
- Baseball. Tony Gwynn Classic Takes Irish To San Diego
- M. Tennis. Need To Know: Northwestern
- M. Lacrosse. Perkovic Honored as Postgraduate Scholarship Recipient
- Baseball. Chance Of Rain Alters Tony Gwynn Classic Schedule
- W. Tennis. Irish Capitalize In 5-2 Win Over Purdue
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Have Everything To Play For At Boston University
- W. Basketball. Irish Welcome Eagles On Senior Night
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Battle Phoenix to Open Road Trip
- General News. Irish Boast Quartet Of ACC Postgraduate Scholarship Honorees
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘️PROGRAM FIRST This weekend, @NDXCTF hosts ACC Indoor Track & Field Championships for the 1st time. The team is… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- The Mike Brey Radio Show is LIVE, presented by the experts at Tire Rack. WATCH: UND.com/breyradioshow https://t.co/BA18vIgH8P 3 hours ago
- Thursday @ndwbb plays Boston College for a share of its 4th regular season ACC title. #TBT to ND's 81-70 win vs Du… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 hours ago
- 🏀 Which NBA legend does @NDmbb's Elijah Burns want to meet? Get to know Elijah on Inside ND Basketball. 📺… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- 🏀 This week the @NDmbb assistant coaches are on the road recruiting. Practice is all Coach Brey. 👀@NDMikeBrey https://t.co/Tee1WaFZQq 1 day ago