Apr 15, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
“Things I Found Interesting” is back! Yesterday, we took a day off to try out a new weekly series that will give you a look at how your favorite former Notre Dame student-athletes are doing in the professional ranks. To read the inaugural post, click here.
In other alumni news that I learned of last night, the Newcastle Eagles, a professional basketball squad in England has clinched the regular-season champion of the British Basketball League. Why is this important? Well, former Notre Dame hooper Scott Martin is one of the leaders on the team, averaging 15.1 points per game and a team-high 9.2 rebounds per contest.
Now what did we miss …
1. Two Drafted In WNBA First Round (Journal Gazette)
After finishing their four years at Notre Dame with four Final Four appearances and three NCA Championship Game berths, Kayla McBride and Natalie Achonwa took the next step in their basketball lives on Monday night. McBride was drafted third overall to the San Antonio Stars, while Achonwa stays in Indiana to play with the Fever. Click the link above to read more.
2. Five Things We Learned This Spring (News-Sentinel)
As the Notre Dame football team finished off its 2014 spring campaign, there are many things we were able to learn about the squad during practice and in the Blue-Gold Game. Click the link above to read more.
3. Dan Fox Opening Eyes In NFL (Chicago Tribune)
After a strong senior season, Notre Dame linebacker is moving on to his next step, the NFL. During workouts, Fox has opened the eyes of many people with his athletic prowess and his ability to be a captain on the field. Click the link above to read more.
Tweets Of The Day
— WNBA (@WNBA) April 15, 2014
— WNBA (@WNBA) April 15, 2014
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Take your lunch break (or just watch during the work day) and watch our half-hour long look inside Notre Dame football as they prepare for the Blue-Gold Game. This program originally aired on NBC Sports Network.
Did You Know?
For the third consecutive year, the Notre Dame women’s basketball team has had a former player selected third overall in the WNBA Draft. In 2012, Devereaux Peters was selected third by the Minnesota Lynx, in 2013, Skylar Diggins was selected third by the Tulsa Shock and last night, Kayla McBride was selected third by the San Antonio Stars.
- M. Golf. Irish End First Day at Prestige at PGA West
- W. Soccer. Norman ('07) Named Notre Dame Women's Soccer Head Coach
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Roll Into ACCs For Conference Championship Meet
- Track & Field. Yared Nuguse Named ACC Track Performer of the Week
- Fencing. Irish Youth Perform Well At Junior Olympic Championships
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Comes Up Short Against Hurricanes, 77-74
- Baseball. Gilgenbach Garners ACC Co-Player of the Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Michigan Holds On For 1-0 Victory Over Notre Dame
- W. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Doubleheader Victories Over Indiana, Wright State
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Miami - Five Things To Know
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Kristina Nelson hit career highs in 3️⃣ categories as No. 5 @ndwbb downed Boston College on Sunday. Don't miss Kri… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 28 minutes ago
- Go behind-the-scenes of @NDmbb in the newest episode of Podward Notre Dame. The storytellers of Fighting Irish Med… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- 🥇 Samantha Viqueira 🥇 Stephen Ewart @NDFencing recorded top performances at the Junior Olympic National Champions… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- After @NDCoachNorman was introduced as the newest head coach of @NDSoccer, the well wishes poured in from around th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- No. 19 @NDSwimDive is gearing up for action at the 2018 ACC Swimming and Diving Championships, starting Wednesday!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago