Apr 15, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
A new addition to the Irish hockey team, Justin Wade didn’t see much time on the ice during his first season, but no matter, because he looks to be a promising defenseman in the future. Get to know freshman Justin Wade before he’s tackling opposing offenses in a few months.
If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “Second Coming.”
If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Track–the 400 and discus
If you had a time machine, when would you go to? Probably 1992, if I could stay the same age. Right when the Internet boom hit. Make a million quick.
What’s your favorite meal? It’s Indian, actually. It’s called Chicken Tikka Marsala.
What would be the perfect day for you? Wake up around noon, call up some of my boys, have them come over, play some NHL a little Call Of Duty, go out to a pool.
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be in the military. I wanted to be in the Air Force, specifically.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? Give 75% of it to my parents, and the rest I’d buy a house with. I owe my parents quite a bit for everything they’ve done.
Do you have a pre-game routine? It’s not really routine. Just pre-game practice, nap, watch a movie, and come to the game.
Who would play you in your biopic? Denzel Washington.
Who is your celebrity crush? Leo DiCaprio.
What’s your favorite sport to watch? Hockey. After that, UFC. It’s quick and it’s violent.
What’s your favorite movie? “300”
Who is your personal hero? My grandfather. He was an orphan and the way he was really successful. Then he came to raise my dad to become really successful. [My dad] was the first one in the family to go college, and I think that goes back to my grandfather.
What is your favorite season? Summer. But not because there’s no class! I actually would rather have school and be warm, because in the summer everyone’s off doing internships and no one’s around.
Would you rather be Jack Swarbrick or Fr. Jenkins for a day? Fr. Jenkins—being a Father. It’s interesting. People talk to you and act differently to you. Also, they look for you for advice. It’s a position of power. I mean both are positions of power, but one’s pretty visible.
What’s your biggest fear? Being broke.
What was your favorite school subject when you were a kid? Math. It was because it was easy. Now I’m really into psychology.
What is the best gift you’ve ever received? Car—FJ Cruiser ‘07
What four people would you want to go golfing with? MJ, President Obama, Droma Genla, and Muhammed Ali, back in his prime.
What is the weirdest piece of clothing that you own? I really don’t have much weird clothing. Probably my poncho.
- Track & Field. Keys To The Meet: NCAA East Regionals
- W. Tennis. Robinson Named Program's First National Arthur Ashe Award Winner
- Baseball. Irish Embark On Postseason Play
- Football. Drue Tranquill Named To Lott Trophy Watch List
- M. Tennis. Need To Know: NCAA Singles Championship
- Baseball. Vierling Nabs All-ACC Nod
- Football. Sam Mustipher Named To Rimington Trophy Watch List
- Softball. Cal Steals 5-3 Decision From Irish
- M. Lacrosse. Replay: Denver Roars Past Irish
- Baseball. ACC Baseball Championship Next Stop For Irish
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🎾 NCAA TITLE QUEST Get to know @NDMensTennis’ Josh Hagar before his 1st NCAA Singles Tourney. Wed. | 1:30pm 📺… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 9 hours ago
- ☘ Dream Chasers! @NDlacrosse stars chosen for U.S. National Team tryout. Matt Landis Matt Kavanagh Sergio Perkovic und.com/sports/m-lacro… 15 hours ago
- 🎓 To our 2017 student-athlete grads, We're proud of you. We believe in you. Thanks for being a part of the… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- 🏆 4 @ACCTrackField Titles ☘ 2016 ACC Performer of the Year 🙌 Headed to NCAA Regionals Get to know @NDXCTF's Anna R… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- 🏈 On @NDFootball coach Ara Parseghian's 94th birthday, take a look back at his 2nd national title. 1973 Sugar Bowl… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago