Apr 16, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Tuesday was another great day at Notre Dame. Although we only had one game going on yesterday (a women’s lacrosse setback to Ohio State), we had another event that is quite unique to the University.
One of the lesser-known events at Notre Dame happened last night, the Notre Dame Monogram Club Letter Jacket Ceremony. I had the great opportunity to attend the event and see what it is all about. It’s hard to explain it, but the two hour event up in Club Naimoli is one of “coolest” events I have been a part of while at Notre Dame.
Take a few minutes to check out what current and former student-athletes had to say about last night’s event by clicking here.
Before we begin I just want to say thank you to the members of the Monogram Club staff (Brant, Reggie, Mike, Josh and Karen) and president Haley Scott DeMaria for allowing me to personally take part in the night.
Now what did we miss …
1. Five Questions About Irish Football (Elkhart Truth)
Spring football is over and it’s time to begin looking at how the team is shaping up for the 2014 season. Elkhart Truth writer Rachel Terlep answers five burning questions about Notre Dame following the Blue-Gold Game. Click the link above to read more.
2. The Jack Nolan Trading Card (Strong And True)
In a partnership between Upper Deck and the University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame is presenting special Upper Deck trading cards to five members of the Irish family. First up is the voice of Notre Dame athletics, Jack Nolan. Click the link above to read more.
3. Troy Niklas Ready For NFL (Buffalo Bills)
The latest in the long line of great tight ends at Notre Dame, Troy Niklas is getting ready for this year’s NFL Draft. Where will Niklas get chosen and how is he handling his life post-Notre Dame? Click the link above to read more.
Tweet Of The Day
— Brandon J. Newman (@iRJerrell99) April 15, 2014
— lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) April 15, 2014
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
A Notre Dame graduate from the Mendoza College of Business, John Garrett began his career as an accountant. Soon after, he quit his day job and is now a comedian who travels the country doing comedy shows for businesses. Nonetheless, take a listen to John’s video talking about the awesomeness of April 16th.
Did You Know?
All five Notre Dame alums in Major League Baseball wore the No. 42 yesterday in honor of Jackie Robinson. (Make sure you turn the sound on and un-mute the video)
— Aaron Horvath (@NDSportsBlogger) April 16, 2014
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Unveils 2018 Schedule
- M. Golf. Two Irish Golfers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Track & Field. Harris Named First Team Academic All-American
- Football. WATCH: Freshmen Move In
- W. Golf. Irish Trio Earn 2018 All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Brauer Signs With South Carolina Stingrays
- W. Soccer. Challenging 2018 Schedule Announced For Women's Soccer
- W. Basketball. Women's Basketball Nominated for Three ESPYS
- Track & Field. Irish Set To Compete At USA Track & Field Championships
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Announce Incoming Class
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ✔️ ACC All-American 📚 ✔️ @NotreDame theology grad 🎓 ✔️ NCAA Outdoor Championships competitor 👟 Now, @NDXCTF's Je… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT for a chance to win! ☝️ night at the @MorrisInnND ✌️ @NDmbb tickets 🎟 When you come to campus to catch the Iri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- 9️⃣ new skaters, 1️⃣ stellar freshman class. Meet the new @NDHockey student-athletes you'll love watching on the i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- The #NDFamily is everywhere! 🇪🇸 As @NDLacrosse took in the sights of Madrid, @NotreDame alum Matthew Kineen taught… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- 🏀 Best Team ☑️ @ndwbb 🏀 Best Moment ☑️ @ndwbb 🏀 Best Play ☑️ @ndwbb Yep, you know who we're voting for. Give… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago