May 21, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
Some huge news among our Olympic sports went down yesterday that shocked many in the Notre Dame community. But first, let’s just take a second to look at the final episode of “Path To Greatness,” starring Louis Nix and two other NFL Draft hopefuls.
Now what did we miss …
1. Coach Piane Set To Retire (Journal Gazette)
After a storied 39-year career as the head coach of the Irish track and field program, Joe Piane is hanging it up after the conclusion of the outdoor track season. Click the link above to read more.
2. Jagielo Homers, Ties League Lead (MiLB.com)
After being drafted in the first round of the MLB Draft last year, Eric Jagielo has started to pick up the pace in the New York Yankees minor league system. Click the link above to read more.
3. Rowing Selected To NCAA Championship (NCAA.com)
After another successful season on the water, the 10th-ranked Irish rowing team was selected to their third-straight NCAA Championship. Click the link above to read more.
Tweet Of The Day
Our continued work with Upper Deck has allowed us to create five trading cards of members of the Notre Dame community. Yesterday, Sharpley was honored by former Notre Dame football player and current Monogram Club football relations director Reggie Brooks. To read more about the presentation, click here.
— Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) May 20, 2014
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Let’s look at last weekend’s Commencement through the eyes of Irish student-athletes.
Did You Know?
Joe Piane held his position as a head coach at Notre Dame for 39 years, the second-longest tenure for a head coach at the University. The only head coach to hold that position longer was baseball coach Jake Kline, who held his position from 1934-1975 for a total of 42 seasons.
- W. Basketball. Allen, No. 5 Irish Cruise Past Boston College on Senior Night
- Baseball. Tony Gwynn Classic Takes Irish To San Diego
- M. Tennis. Need To Know: Northwestern
- M. Lacrosse. Perkovic Honored as Postgraduate Scholarship Recipient
- Baseball. Chance Of Rain Alters Tony Gwynn Classic Schedule
- W. Tennis. Irish Capitalize In 5-2 Win Over Purdue
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Have Everything To Play For At Boston University
- W. Basketball. Irish Welcome Eagles On Senior Night
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Battle Phoenix to Open Road Trip
- General News. Irish Boast Quartet Of ACC Postgraduate Scholarship Honorees
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘️PROGRAM FIRST This weekend, @NDXCTF hosts ACC Indoor Track & Field Championships for the 1st time. The team is… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- The Mike Brey Radio Show is LIVE, presented by the experts at Tire Rack. WATCH: UND.com/breyradioshow https://t.co/BA18vIgH8P 3 hours ago
- Thursday @ndwbb plays Boston College for a share of its 4th regular season ACC title. #TBT to ND's 81-70 win vs Du… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 hours ago
- 🏀 Which NBA legend does @NDmbb's Elijah Burns want to meet? Get to know Elijah on Inside ND Basketball. 📺… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- 🏀 This week the @NDmbb assistant coaches are on the road recruiting. Practice is all Coach Brey. 👀@NDMikeBrey https://t.co/Tee1WaFZQq 1 day ago