May 22, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
For the first time in history, the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) named a Prep Sand Volleyball All-America Team. With only four members being named to the squad, inclusion was very prestigious, and future Irish student-athlete Jo Kremer was among the quartet selected.
Kremer, an incoming freshman on the Irish volleyball team, resides in Pacific Palisades, Calif., and will look to play the sport she loves on the hard court in ACC play, while continuing to gain experience in the sand as well.
Kremer was also named to the 2012 and 2013 USA U-19 Youth Beach National Teams, earned first team all-Mission League honors as a junior and senior in helping her team to a pair of league championships.
When speaking about Kremer’s signing with the Irish, Notre Dame volleyball head coach Debbie Brown gave glowing remarks on her play.
“Jo has shown that she has an incredible volleyball knowledge,” said Brown. “She wasn’t overpowering when she got kills, but she makes great decisions with the ball and knows exactly where the defense isn’t. She is one of the smartest players I have seen at her age level. Jo has the ability to play at outside hitter, but she will be a big asset on the back row because she is a great ball control player. We are excited about her defensive potential.”
As the Irish enter their second year in ACC play, they will do so with some young firepower, no matter if they play indoors, or have a pick-up match on the beach.
- Football. #8 Irish Hold Off Midshipmen, 24-17
- W. Soccer. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Face Baylor
- M. Ice Hockey. 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Set For Notre Dame Stadium
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Begin NCAA Journey Sunday Against #20 Wisconsin
- W. Soccer. Irish Use Penalty Kicks to Eliminate No. 2-Seeded Aggies
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Off To Strong Start In Columbus
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Decimates Tar Heels In Straight-Set Sweep
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Down RPI 4-1 For Sixth Straight Win
- W. Basketball. No. 6/5 Women's Hoops to Head West on Oregon Trail
- Football. Notre Dame-Navy: Five Things to Watch
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Celebrating Senior Day the best way we know how, on the field with our friends and family. #GoIrish https://t.co/ItoEJgeRWd 6 minutes ago
- That’ll do it from Notre Dame Stadium, where @NDFootball defeats Navy, 24-17! Next up, Stanford. #GoIrish https://t.co/9ytOGrfW8p 1 hour ago
- Proud to stand with our friends from the Naval Academy during their alma mater. Thank you, always, for your servic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Gold always looks best in the fourth quarter. #GoIrish https://t.co/vbQmCNfrOF 2 hours ago
- Wimbush to Stepherson x ✌️ @NDFootball takes the 24-17 lead with 11:49 left in the fourth quarter! Get to NBC!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago