May 22, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
For the first time in history, the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) named a Prep Sand Volleyball All-America Team. With only four members being named to the squad, inclusion was very prestigious, and future Irish student-athlete Jo Kremer was among the quartet selected.
Kremer, an incoming freshman on the Irish volleyball team, resides in Pacific Palisades, Calif., and will look to play the sport she loves on the hard court in ACC play, while continuing to gain experience in the sand as well.
Kremer was also named to the 2012 and 2013 USA U-19 Youth Beach National Teams, earned first team all-Mission League honors as a junior and senior in helping her team to a pair of league championships.
When speaking about Kremer’s signing with the Irish, Notre Dame volleyball head coach Debbie Brown gave glowing remarks on her play.
“Jo has shown that she has an incredible volleyball knowledge,” said Brown. “She wasn’t overpowering when she got kills, but she makes great decisions with the ball and knows exactly where the defense isn’t. She is one of the smartest players I have seen at her age level. Jo has the ability to play at outside hitter, but she will be a big asset on the back row because she is a great ball control player. We are excited about her defensive potential.”
As the Irish enter their second year in ACC play, they will do so with some young firepower, no matter if they play indoors, or have a pick-up match on the beach.
- Fencing. Three Former Irish Fencers Pick Up Team Medals At Senior World Championships
- W. Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse Continues Academic Success
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Inside The Stadium
- M. Basketball. Select-A-Seat Returns August 5
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Unveils 2017-18 Schedule
- Softball. Cassidy Whidden (B.A. '15, M.Ed. '17) Returns To Irish Softball Fold
- W. Tennis. Women's Tennis Welcomes Back Dasso ('01) As Assistant Coach
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Fan Experience
- M. Basketball. Men’s Basketball - Summer Headlines
- Swimming & Diving. World Championships Underway For Plaschka
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @FightingIrish: 🇺🇸 2x Olympian ☘ 4x NCAA Champ 🌎 #1 World Ranking Lee Kiefer ('17) leaves her @NDFencing legacy. FULL VIDEO: https://t… 3 hours ago
- 🏈 Don't miss a game in ND Stadium. Single game @NDFootball tickets are now on sale! TIX: UND.com/BuyTickets https://t.co/UrnofgXBea 4 hours ago
- 🏈 For the Student Section! Like the @NDFootball locker room, students get a "Play Like a Champion Today" sign to h… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago
- 🇺🇸Congrats to @NDMenSoccer alums Matt Besler '09 & Justin Morrow '10 on winning the 2017 Gold Cup with the U.S. Men… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 22 hours ago
- 🏈 Attention to Detail The lettering at each gate in Notre Dame Stadium has been replaced & revamped.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago