Jun 2, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
As the competitive collegiate season winds down for Fighting Irish squads, NCAA honors and appearances were claimed by student-athletes. The track and field teams punched tickets to the NCAA Championships with performances this weekend and the rowing squad tied its best finish ever at the NCAA Championships.
In alumni news, former Notre Dame men’s soccer student-athlete Dillon Powers continued his stellar play this season for the Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer. In a 3-0 win over the Houston Dynamo, Powers tallied two assists and could have easily had one more if it weren’t for a goal line stop from a Dynamo defender. Check out the clips below of both of his assists.
Now what did we miss …
1. Irish Row To Ninth-Place Finish (NCAA.com)
The Notre Dame rowing team tied their best finish ever at the NCAA Championships last weekend as they stopping the clock in the ninth position.. Click the link above to read more.
2. One Last Roadblock (Irish Eyes)
A few decades after leaving the University, Jerome Bettis is still working on getting his diploma from Notre Dame. Click the link above to read more.
3. Pollock’s All-Star Bid Beaned By Ball (Sporting News)
Former Notre Dame baseball student-athlete A.J. Pollock was on a tear of late, batting over .300 on the season and .365 over the last 14 days. Unfortunately, Pollock was injured in a game this weekend and will be out for some time with a fractured bone in his hand. Click the link above to read more.
Tweet Of The Day
— Summer Sanders (@SummerSanders_) June 2, 2014
Congrats to Evan Sharpley and the rest of the Notre Dame Football alumni group who swam, biked and ran the Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon this past weekend in memory of former teammate Asaph “Ace” Schwapp.
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
As Matt Besler (’09) gets ready for the World Cup with the United States Men’s National Team, a local affiliate in Kansas City is documenting his past.
Did You Know?
If Matt Besler steps on the pitch for the 2014 World Cup, he will become the first Notre Dame men’s soccer alum to play in the World Cup for the United States.
- M. Ice Hockey. Hockey East Championship At Stake
- Baseball. Big Inning Dooms Irish At San Diego
- Track. Conference Championship is 'Icing on the Cake'
- Softball. Irish Use Explosive Sixth To Stop #11/12 Georgia, 10-7
- M. Ice Hockey. #13 Irish Bounce #5 Boston University 3-1
- M. Tennis. Hagar Clinches Upset of Northwestern at Top Spot
- W. Golf. Opportunity Awaits Women's Golf Team At Westbrook Spring Invitational
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Open Home Schedule Against Michigan on Sunday
- General News. Historic Irish Track & Field Weekend
- W. Lacrosse. March 4 Matchup Versus Louisville Moved to 3 p.m.
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Won Meyo Invitational✔️ Set @NDXCTF Record✔️ Nate Richartz pole vaults @ACCTrackField Championships. Sat | Noon 📺… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- 🏒 Top-15 Win #13 @NDHockey downs #5 Boston University 3-1. ND plays Boston University Saturday for the regular-se… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- ☘@NDXCTF Sprinter 🏈@NDFootball CB Troy Pride Jr. races at ACC Track & Field Championships! Fri | 4:45pm & 6:05pm… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 23 hours ago
- ☘ 5th Straight Victory! #9 @NDWomensLax ends Elon's 4-game unbeaten streak with 16-7 win. und.com/sports/w-lacro… 1 day ago
- ☘️ THIS WEEKEND @NDXCTF Hosts ACC Indoor Track & Field Championships. Take Your Mark. Get Set. Go Irish. INFO:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago